How many fish tanks do you have? - Page 12

How many tanks do you own?

• Total voters

Gone

Zachsnanotanks said:
Being in the hobby for about a year now I have 6 tanks and thinking about down sizing to 4. But I've seen people with as many as 30 tanks. But how many active tanks do you have?
No, don't downsize. You'll miss your tanks.

I have 23 tanks, 20 for breeding guppies, two for display in the living room, and one for my ptenopoma cichlid that helps with population control. You need lots of tanks to selectively breed guppies. 20 tanks is on the low end.

plecodragon

15 tanks
2 (55gallon), 33 gallon, 3 (29 gallon), 4 (20 gallon), 2 (15 gallon), 3 (10 gallon). I also have a empty 10,15,20 gallon- but 15 tanks is getting to be a chore not a hobby so will likely thin out the tanks eventually-but can't think of what fish would need to go -I love them all too much

Ebreus

I have no currently running tanks as I'm just returning to the hobby but I will soon have a 50 gallon up an running as a community tank. I'd like to get a quarantine/hospital tank and have that one up and running alongside the 50 gallon but I don't really have anywhere to put another tank, even a 10 gallon, at the moment.
I think in terms of dream tank setup I'd have 1 community tank, 1 predator tank, 1-2 hospital/quarantine tanks, 1 shrimp only tank, and 1 breeding tank. Just I don't have the money or space for all that.

BettaNgold

I have 8 tanks currently. 1 55G, 1 45G, 2 20G longs, 2 10G, 1 5G and a 125G. I have a 29G and a 5G sitting empty at the moment.

Gone

plecodragon said:
15 tanks
2 (55gallon), 33 gallon, 3 (29 gallon), 4 (20 gallon), 2 (15 gallon), 3 (10 gallon). I also have a empty 10,15,20 gallon- but 15 tanks is getting to be a chore not a hobby so will likely thin out the tanks eventually-but can't think of what fish would need to go -I love them all too much
"Getting to be a chore not a hobby..." Wow, I've been through that big time. I had 20 tanks in a man cave for ten years, then had to get rid of the tanks when life happened and I couldn't keep up on the maintenance. After things settled down and I retired, I set up a fish room again. Now I have so many people deciding what I'm available for since I retired I'm struggling to keep up with the maintenance. I've had discussions with family the past couple days about needing to have enough time with my tanks to sit there and stare at my fish once in a while. Otherwise it's like work, which isn't why I retired.

I think I got the most efficient water change system short of automatic. In my main fish room I have 19 tanks with 250 gallons of water. I use a pond pump to drain the tanks into a floor drain, and a hose to fill the tanks. I go from tank to tank, drain, fill, drain fill, and I can do a 50% water change in about 45 minutes.

bettabo1

Six. 10 gallon, 29 gallon, 20 long, three 5.5 gallons.

Ebreus

GuppyDazzle said:
I think I got the most efficient water change system short of automatic. In my main fish room I have 19 tanks with 250 gallons of water. I use a pond pump to drain the tanks into a floor drain, and a hose to fill the tanks. I go from tank to tank, drain, fill, drain fill, and I can do a 50% water change in about 45 minutes.
Okay now that is really impressive.

mattgirl

5 right now. 55 gallon community, 10 gallon pleco fry grow out tank, 5.5 with a tiny super red pleco growing up in, 2.5 gallon snail breeding jar and a 2.5 gallon bowl with just plants and a few snails in for now but will hoepfully have shrimp in one day.

jasmine-smith

3 tanks. 20 gallon long, 3.5 betta, and 10 gallon betta with some friends

david1978

You guys make me feel bad. Currently I have 2 with water in them. My 55 gallon betta tank and my 75 gallon rosy red minnow tank. As far as empty ones I would have to count them but I have a bunch. Lol. Had 16 of them at my high point but yep it became a job in itself.

skar

Nah...
Just 1 tank for me.
75gal

Elkwatcher

A 90g empty. Running 5 tanks - 5gallon, 10gallon, 29 long, 40 breeder, 50 gallon.

AcuarioAmazonico

Six but four don’t count. Two decent ones - the rest are small or betta tanks. Oh and a breeder I bought today for a gravid fish.

Dream set up is four big proper tanks in one room.

FitSoldier

2 tanks: 20 gallon quarantine tank and a 60 gallon main display tank. I really don't want to upgrade to a bigger tank because then I'd have to put the bigger tank in the basement (since its weight would be heavier than the main floor may be able to handle). This would completely defeat the purpose of an aquarium for me as I want people to see it, not hide it in a dark basement.

qquake2k

david1978 said:
You guys make me feel bad. Currently I have 2 with water in them. My 55 gallon betta tank and my 75 gallon rosy red minnow tank. As far as empty ones I would have to count them but I have a bunch. Lol. Had 16 of them at my high point but yep it became a job in itself.
How many rosy red minnows do you have in your 75? I have 20 in my 46.

david1978

qquake2k said:
How many rosy red minnows do you have in your 75? I have 20 in my 46.
Down to about 10.

Zachsnanotanks

GuppyDazzle said:
No, don't downsize. You'll miss your tanks.

I have 23 tanks, 20 for breeding guppies, two for display in the living room, and one for my ptenopoma cichlid that helps with population control. You need lots of tanks to selectively breed guppies. 20 tanks is on the low end.
Yeah I'm still tossing the idea of starting up my 10 gallon again I had it packed full of plants it still will always be my favorite phase of my tanks I'm hopping my 55 I'm working on will resemble a similar look. I just live the look of "not able to see my fish" bc it forces me to look around for everyone also keeps the water cleaner!

And yes I'm looking to start breeding endler guppies in my 25 gallon maybe even sell them on here!

Petchratn

HI my name is Pat, from Maryland.
My husband think I am crazy lol.
We don’t have a fish room, so jealous when I see on YouTube that lot of people have a fish room. Lol.
I have one guppy tank 39 gallons.
I have one bettas 30 gallons.
I have one glofish 10 gallons.
I really wish to have cherry shrimps in my empty 29 gallons.
I wish to upgrade the glofish tank.
I wish I have minI gouramI tank, rainbow fish tank, ... and so on.
my husband have an empty 55 gallon.
I just realize I don’t have pic of glofish tank. Zzz

Petchratn

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Half my bedroom is basically my fishroom. I have seven
22, with a DG and Harlequin Rasbora
27, Blackwater currently without fish
28, Coldwater
33, With Thick Lipped GouramI and Colombian Tetra
52, Tiger Barb and Zebra Loach
63, Mixed GouramI Community
and I have an empty 112 which will be a Three Spot GouramI community. I have 2 outside my room a 6 gallon Sparkling GouramI tank and a 33 gallon Betta and CPD community.
Wow, That’s like a heaven more than a bedroom

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Half my bedroom is basically my fishroom. I have seven
22, with a DG and Harlequin Rasbora
27, Blackwater currently without fish
28, Coldwater
33, With Thick Lipped GouramI and Colombian Tetra
52, Tiger Barb and Zebra Loach
63, Mixed GouramI Community
and I have an empty 112 which will be a Three Spot GouramI community. I have 2 outside my room a 6 gallon Sparkling GouramI tank and a 33 gallon Betta and CPD community.
Lot of fish you have I not even know, still google for pics.
I think I like fishlore.com lol I felt less crazy, I am not the only one. I really wish I have more more more fish tanks hehe

jinjerJOSH22

I
Petchratn said:
Lot of fish you have I not even know, still google for pics.
I think I like fishlore.com lol I felt less crazy, I am not the only one. I really wish I have more more more fish tanks hehe
I'll upload some pictures later
I wish I had more tanks too! but I need to start being sensible at some point
Fishlore's great, a bunch of people talking about fish and they often upload pictures.

Petchratn

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I

I'll upload some pictures later
I wish I had more tanks too! but I need to start being sensible at some point
Fishlore's great, a bunch of people talking about fish and they often upload pictures.
Can’t wait to see.
I wouldn’t trust someone that have less than 2 fish tanks lol.

ghostdawg

I just started my first tank ever...it's a 10 gallon but will be getting a 20 gallon asap. The wife's neice wanted to give her a nice used 60 gallonbut we do not have room for it. I like the hobby and don't know why I never tried it until now.

Petchratn

FitSoldier said:
2 tanks: 20 gallon quarantine tank and a 60 gallon main display tank. I really don't want to upgrade to a bigger tank because then I'd have to put the bigger tank in the basement (since its weight would be heavier than the main floor may be able to handle). This would completely defeat the purpose of an aquarium for me as I want people to see it, not hide it in a dark basement.
Yes, our 55 gallons tank is in basement, we are afraid that we will ever break the floor beams.

FitSoldier

Petchratn said:
Yes, our 55 gallons tank is in basement, we are afraid that we will ever break the floor beams.
I think 55 gallons should be fine on the main floor. With just water, the weight of the tank and the stand, it's about 500 - 600 lbs. (depending on how much gravel you use).

I've seen people around my area with 90 gallon tanks on the first floor. In my personal opinion, I wouldn't go over 75 gallon on the main floor. But I think a 55 should be fine in most houses.

Dennis57

1-20, 2-55 and a 125. After I got the 125 I said I could go bigger

lisa99

3 tanks in the 1st 3 months of this obsession. I’ll check back in with this thread in a year.

Crispii

I currently have a 90 gallon tank and I am planning on setting up a 5 gallon aquarium for a pair of wild bettas. Right now, I want to have a high maintenance aquarium as well as a low maintenance aquarium.

Oak77

I have a newly set up 23 gallon tank. Really enjoying learning all this stuff. Boy is there a lot to learn.

AcuarioAmazonico

AcuarioAmazonico said:
Six but four don’t count. Two decent ones - the rest are small or betta tanks. Oh and a breeder I bought today for a gravid fish.

Dream set up is four big proper tanks in one room.
Wel this is outdated. Even a month later lol

8. Hahahaha

potter

Only 3. Two 5 gallons and one 40 gallon. Would like to keep it that way as I also have 2 birds and a dog with chronic condition.

Sorg67

Taking care of five at the moment, but one belongs to my son and his girlfriend. So I voted four and the technically correct answer to how many I own. Wait, where did my son get the money to buy his? And possession is nine-tenths of the law. So maybe I should have said five.

Probably two or three more in January at the next Petco $1 per gallon sale.

Bluebellie

I downsized. 4 right now All 10 gallons.

Or five I guess, but the fifth (a 3 gallon) is coming down soon ( only had a ghost shrimp inside). .

Dave125g

AcuarioAmazonico said:
Wel this is outdated. Even a month later lol

8. Hahahaha
MTS in real time. Lol

AcuarioAmazonico

Dave125g said:
MTS in real time. Lol
Your timing is impeccable. I’m currently sitting in my office having returned from a quick trip to my not so local FS at lunch. I’m my car is a 35gallon tank lol

Make that 9!

JLeeM

I don't remember my last update on this. Unfortunately, if it's what I'm thinking, I won't ever be able to update it because my tiny place is maxed out on tanks. However.....I just started a new primary job with lots of opportunity it seems. So hopefully we'll be moving and growing in 2020!

Dave125g

AcuarioAmazonico said:
Your timing is impeccable. I’m currently sitting in my office having returned from a quick trip to my not so local FS at lunch. I’m my car is a 35gallon tank lol

Make that 9!
Lol careful now. Don't turn this hobby into a full time job. My wife keeps my MTS at bay. I'm limited to 3 tanks. So, of course I have 4. Lol totaling around 200 gallons of water in my home.

AcuarioAmazonico

Dave125g said:
Lol careful now. Don't turn this hobby into a full time job. My wife keeps my MTS at bay. I'm limited to 3 tanks. So, of course I have 4. Lol totaling around 200 gallons of water in my home.
So exactly the same.
Except I have no wife.
And this takes me over 400 gallons
but pretty much the same

Dave125g

AcuarioAmazonico said:
So exactly the same.
Except I have no wife.
And this takes me over 400 gallons
but pretty much the same
Yep lol.

AcuarioAmazonico

AcuarioAmazonico said:

Make that 9!

On the plus side I shut down a small tank so am still at 8. One of those is a nursery and absolutely empty but for one KuhlI I can’t bloody catch. So seven.

I mean seven is practically one step away from a betta in a cup in the kitchen.

I mean if you look at it from the right perspective - I basically have zero fish tanks. Zip. Nada. Nyechevo. Naught.

Dave125g

AcuarioAmazonico said:
On the plus side I shut down a small tank so am still at 8. One of those is a nursery and absolutely empty but for one KuhlI I can’t bloody catch. So seven.

I mean seven is practically one step away from a betta in a cup in the kitchen.

I mean if you look at it from the right perspective - I basically have zero fish tanks. Zip. Nada. Nyechevo. Naught.
Lol admit it....your an addict. I think we all are on here. We definitely enable each other. That's for sure. My daughter is only 14 and I already have plans to turn her bedroom into a fish room, when she moves out. So in about 5 years I'll be on this thread with something like 20 tanks. Not sure what the wife will say about that.

AcuarioAmazonico

Dave125g said:
. So in about 5 years I'll be on this thread with something like 20 tanks. Not sure what the wife will say about that.
I wouldnt worry too mucH mate - she’ll probably leave you before then

Dave125g

AcuarioAmazonico said:
I wouldnt worry too mucH mate - she’ll probably leave you before then
You might be right. But, 1 of the tanks I have is hers. So, no broken rules yet. She did say that I can have my fish room as long as a bed will fit for guests. Does a doll house bed count? Lol

AcuarioAmazonico

Dave125g said:
You might be right. But, 1 of the tanks I have is hers. So, no broken rules yet. She did say that I can have my fish room as long as a bed will fit for guests. Does a doll house bed count? Lol
mate you’re not thinking creatively. One of those trundle beds that pulls out on wheels from Under the tanks. In fact people would pay to stay somewhere where the bed head was a fish tank!!! $$ The sound would encourage underwater dreams too

Dave125g

AcuarioAmazonico said:
mate you’re not thinking creatively. One of those trundle beds that pulls out on wheels from Under the tanks. In fact people would pay to stay somewhere where the bed head was a fish tank!!! $$ The sound would encourage underwater dreams too
I like the way you think my friend. I was also thinking of a blow up mattress.

BevM

I only have two ( 55 and 10 gallons) and it's not likely to increase due to age and health. My daughter does help on occasion but she has her own to take care of.

PascalKrypt

Dave125g said:
I like the way you think my friend. I was also thinking of a blow up mattress.
I think AcuarioAmazonico is on to something. Start a novelty fish hotel. Family can't complain if it actually earns money right? Money that goes straight back into buying more tanks. Sweet sweet fish money.

I have exactly 24 tanks, two dozen. A nice rounded number. Totally not artificially capped it there to stop myself somewhere (Edit: No wait. I forgot one, make that 25. Drats, I broke my own rule.)
Cutting back on maintenance not all of them have livestock or are all that big. Some are just used for growing plants and experimenting with set-ups, culturing live foods, grow-out tanks and QTs that aren't always in use and so on.
Anyhow I'm completely out of space so that's that. Until I move... in the next two years I'll probably end up getting rid of a bunch of the smaller tanks and get a very long one front and center in the living room, like 7-8ft or so. But uhh, I'll focus on the actual house first since it still needs to get built, hahaha.

Morpheus1967

2. A 20 gallon and a 125.

honorstoise

Sien

Do 'non-fish' fish tanks count lol? I have three 5 gallons that each house a male betta. A 10 gallon with my black skirt tails and shrimp. A 20 gallon long that is upright which houses my male crested gecko. And two 40 gallon breeders that each have a syrian hamster in them. I have a 29 gallon that I want to either set up as a community fish tank or a multiple female-crested gecko enclosure (maybe 3-4 girls). Not sure yet!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom