Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

How Many Fish In 20 Gal Tall Tank

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Tpane27, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Tpane27New MemberMember

I have a 20 gallon tall tank. I have five tetras, two frogs, three Cory catfish, and one pearl gourami. I have a good amount of live plants, decent sized air stone, and a fluval 30 gallon three stage filter. The fish have been healthy and all zoom around and get along great showing no signs of anything bad. If I added one more frog or do you think that is too much? I do 25% water changes. Is it safe adding one more frog or even a fish? Thank you!

2. BryWell Known MemberMember

I'd recommend upping your Cory count. They feel best in schools of six or more.
    What kind of tetras? How big are the frogs? Are they the African Clawed or the Dwarf?

3. Tpane27New MemberMember

The tetras are the glo fish ones. The tetras are decent sized, they have grown since I’ve gotten them. The frogs are not the clawed ones I made sure because I have read some pretty terrible things that have happened. The one is bigger but looks healthy like the frog is solid. The other one is a little skinnier but I read online the females tend to get much larger than the males so I’m assuming the bigger frog is a female but the frog is also about a year older.