How Many Fish In 10 Gallon Tank

• Thread starter BellaBella
  • Start date

BellaBella

Hey everyone! So, I'm totally prepared for you all to tell me this is a stupid question but here goes;
I have a 10 gallon aquarium, fake plants (i tried live and it didn't go well), a shipwreck decoration, and sturdy filter (100 GPH) I have 7 guppies in there now but I was wondering, since the guppies are top dwelling fish, would i be able to add fish that take up a different section of the tank? (I was thinking maybe cory cats)...
My issue is that all of the guppies clump together and I wish the tank looked a little more active/spread out and I've seen some youtube videos where they kept more than 7 guppies in a 10 gallon so... I was just hoping to get some input on this situation.
Thanks!

WilburTheGoldfish

Hanzla Khan

BellaBella said:
Hey everyone! So, I'm totally prepared for you all to tell me this is a stupid question but here goes;
I have a 10 gallon aquarium, fake plants (i tried live and it didn't go well), a shipwreck decoration, and sturdy filter (100 GPH) I have 7 guppies in there now but I was wondering, since the guppies are top dwelling fish, would i be able to add fish that take up a different section of the tank? (I was thinking maybe cory cats)...
My issue is that all of the guppies clump together and I wish the tank looked a little more active/spread out and I've seen some youtube videos where they kept more than 7 guppies in a 10 gallon so... I was just hoping to get some input on this situation.
Thanks!
You could try a Clown Pleco as a bottom dweller for your 10 gallon tank. They max out at around 3-4 inches, so it should do well with your guppies. Cory cats are a good option too, but if you go with corys you need to get a school of them.

FishGirl115

Well Known
Definitely don't do a pleco. They have huge bioloads. I think you could do a school of 6 pygmy corys. But don't do any bigger corys.

redmare

Well Known
I kept 8 pygmy cories in a 10, and they were very happy there. I would not do large cories or any kind of pleco. I think 6-8 would make a fine addition to your tank. What are your water parameters now, what's your water change schedule, and would you consider re-trying live plants? With the right plants it's no more work than a fake one and they help with bioload.

Top Bottom