How many fish Can I add after adding API Quick start?

Apoorvthegreat

Hey Guys, How many 1.5" swordtail fry can I add to a 65 gallon just a day after adding QuickStart and some flake food??

Best Answer - View Pfrozen's answer

Pfrozen

Despite what it says on the bottle you still need to fully cycle your tank before safely adding fish and it will take anywhere from 1 week to 2 months. It will not happen in 24 hours :( you can run a "fish-in" cycle if you want, which will allow you to add a few fish right now, but you'll have to be extremely careful and test your water every day. Read up about the nitrogen cycle and also read about fish less vs fish in cycles. Let us know if you have any questions once you finish reading

neontetraz

Dang, a 65 gallon? You could add, maybe around 10 to start, and then gradually add more each day, so you don't cause an ammonia spike. Just keep up with water changes, and soon you could probably go up to around 50 or so. Hope I helped.

Pfrozen

neontetraz said:
Dang, a 65 gallon? You could add, maybe around 10 to start, and then gradually add more each day, so you don't cause an ammonia spike. Just keep up with water changes, and soon you could probably go up to around 50 or so. Hope I helped.
Tank is uncycled, he can't add that many fish to an uncycled tank

Apoorvthegreat

Pfrozen said:
Despite what it says on the bottle you still need to fully cycle your tank before safely adding fish and it will take anywhere from 1 week to 2 months. It will not happen in 24 hours :( you can run a "fish-in" cycle if you want, which will allow you to add a few fish right now, but you'll have to be extremely careful and test your water every day. Read up about the nitrogen cycle and also read about fish less vs fish in cycles. Let us know if you have any questions once you finish reading
I'll add the liquid bacteria every day for at least a week and before adding the fry, I'll check the water quality using a test kit. If the tank seems to be cycled, I guess I'll add the fry in batches of 10 every week. Thanks for your help : )

Apoorvthegreat

Top Bottom