5 Gallon Tank How Many Fiddler Crabs for a 5.5 Gallon Tank?

ADFbreeder

Hi everyone! I was wondering how many fiddler crabs could go in a 5.5 (US) gallon tank.

I want to get just one male, however, will he be lonely? I’ve heard they are social.

If one fiddler crab will be lonely, I’ll probably get 2, maybe 3 females. I’ve heard they are less territorial. Although it would be nice to get a male (for the claw).

Would it be possible to get one of each, or 1 male 2 female? I know 2 males are out of the question.

BTW, the tank will be about 60% water, 40% land. Tank will be brackish, have a consistent temp of 75-80 Fahrenheit (23.9-26.7 Celsius), and will meet their needs.

I can’t get a bigger tank at the moment, however, I may be able to upgrade in the next 6-12 months.

Thanks for reading this! :)

BPSabelhaus

So your 5.5 gal split about in half then another 1/4 height wise leaves a gal and a half, two gallons of swimming / exploring space? I’d say one unless you’re planning on a bigger tank in the future.

ADFbreeder

I was going to go with one, as stated in the thread, however, I was asking if one would get lonely. I’ve heard they are a social species.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnie
Replies
Views
aquilusdomini
Replies
Views
sirdarksol
Replies
Views