10 Gallon Tank How many endlers is too many?

LeahsTank

I’ve set up a quarantine tank. To keep it cycled for emergencies, I’ve stocked it with endlers figuring that in the event of a catastrophe, they will easily repopulate. In the interim, any overstock will make a good ”clean” source of live food for the 55 main tank. I am just now getting the colony started. But, how many is too many for a 10 gallon tank? I can’t actually count them because the little buggers are so fast, but as a rough estimate, when should I start culling?

(I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Please move if needed)

grac3

when it's really crowded and they don't seem to have much space to swim around

Upvote 0

LeahsTank

when it's really crowded and they don't seem to have much space to swim around
That’s what I’ve been aiming for, but I didn’t want to “overpopulate.”

But for now, it seems “busy” but I don’t think too crowded.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

The most I've had at a time is this (And everything was stable, with a 25g sponge filter) in my 10g:
4 adults
16 juveniles (With colors but not full grown yet, can breed)
a ton of tiny ones, with no color

Upvote 0

LeahsTank

The most I've had at a time is this (And everything was stable, with a 25g sponge filter) in my 10g:
4 adults
16 juveniles (With colors but not full grown yet, can breed)
a ton of tiny ones, with no color
Yikes. I am on that edge. I think I have 6-10 adults with so many babes. I’m just not sure if I want to cull before getting a glimpse of the Colors.Should I just scoop some babe’s and see where we are at that point?

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

That's just the most I've ever had, but after that I decided to try something else, and donated them, so you can probably have more.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishietank
Replies
Views
Renaissanista

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Top Bottom