How Many Corys For My Tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Lonewolf9395, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Lonewolf9395

Lonewolf9395Valued MemberMember

Hi. We have a 23 gallon long (30 by 12 for footprint) and we recently added Panda Corys to the tank. They are so active, playful and adorable that we would like to know what would be the maximum we could have in our tank. Currently the tank has 10 Harlequin Rasboras and 6 Panda Corys. The only other species of fish we want to add is a Bolivian Ram and perhaps a nerite snail or two. The filter is an Aquaclear 50.

Would 10 Pandas and 12 Rasboras with one Bolivan ram be too much?

2. MikeRad89

MikeRad89Well Known MemberMember

I think that would be a fine stock.

3. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I agree, it would be fine, though I think you can also add a honey or dwarf gourami to it.

4. OP
    OP
    Lonewolf9395

Lonewolf9395Valued MemberMember

We could add a dwarf or honey gourami as well as the ram? That might be neat. Would we be able to skip the gourami and up one or both of the schools even further? Or would two rams work together? We are really liking how the fish behave when they are in schools and from my understanding the bigger the school the more natural and happy the behavior will be.

5. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Two bolivian rams can work together.

6. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yes to all questions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice