How Many Corys For My Tank?

Lonewolf9395

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi. We have a 23 gallon long (30 by 12 for footprint) and we recently added Panda Corys to the tank. They are so active, playful and adorable that we would like to know what would be the maximum we could have in our tank. Currently the tank has 10 Harlequin Rasboras and 6 Panda Corys. The only other species of fish we want to add is a Bolivian Ram and perhaps a nerite snail or two. The filter is an Aquaclear 50.

Would 10 Pandas and 12 Rasboras with one Bolivan ram be too much?

OP
Lonewolf9395

Lonewolf9395

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We could add a dwarf or honey gouramI as well as the ram? That might be neat. Would we be able to skip the gouramI and up one or both of the schools even further? Or would two rams work together? We are really liking how the fish behave when they are in schools and from my understanding the bigger the school the more natural and happy the behavior will be.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lonewolf9395 said:
We could add a dwarf or honey gouramI as well as the ram? That might be neat. Would we be able to skip the gouramI and up one or both of the schools even further? Or would two rams work together? We are really liking how the fish behave when they are in schools and from my understanding the bigger the school the more natural and happy the behavior will be.
Yes to all questions.

New Threads