How many corries

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am going to get some julli corys today and just wanted some advice on how many to get 4 or 6, didnt want to go above my bioload.

Am I right in beliving that they grow to about 2 inches?
Do they have a heavy bioload?

Thanks Paul

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I love my cories, I have 2 julii and 2 pandas, my julii I have had for almost a year and are maybe about an inch and a half, but no bigger, and have not grown in a while. To be honest, mine don't seem to eat lol! I give them algae wafers, but they ignore them, they must eat, but this also means I have no idea how much they poop, and so no idea on bioload! They do best in bigger groups, if you have the space, go for 6. I think in your tank (if it is the one in your profile) you could get away with 6...

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The emerald corys are the ones to stay away from - theey get to be 4 inches....i have one thats 4 inches.

with corys, the more the merrier.

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the replies, I'll be getting 6 as they dont get too big.

had some fish die recently, through no fault of my own so this will cheer me up.

Thanks again

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Personally, I think you could do more than 6 if you wanted. I'd bring the number up to 10.

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That would be excellent, could i introduce them in two groups or all at once, 10 cory julii would set me back about £40, about $60, i'm no rockafella!!

Thanks

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes that's true, don't remind me lol! You can add them in groups, that shouldn't be a prob!

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'll be going to get them in about an hour, I'll let you know how I get on.

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got 6 cories I'm going to get some more in a weeks time. They have been in just over 24 hours and at getting on really well they've been eating and I'm already thinking they are my favorites, they are just so busy.

The one question I have is 5 of them have a solid line running down thier flanks and 1 of them has spots, just wondered if they will join up or stay spotted?

Cory-crazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Many Julli corys are often mis labelled and are actually Trilineatus corys,which is a false julli,they're still lush cories,i now have 21 of these(off spring from them breeding)-i started with 7 ! - True julli are quite rare to get hold of,and the difference between the 2 is julli have spots as opposed to squiggly lines like the tri's.
Good luck with your newbies.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom