How Many Cories?

Aerose

Hello Fishlore
I was recently gifted a tank from my science teacher. I was told it's a 40 gallon but it looks smaller than my 29 gallon so I think it may be 20g. I originally wanted to stock it with some golden wonder killies but I did some research and found out that they prefer long tanks My new idea is to stock it with 1 male and 2 female Honey Gouramis, because I have heard they have lovely personalities, and a group of bronze Cory Catfish. How many Cories could I reasonably have in a tank of this size?

AJE

Depe
Hello Fishlore
I was recently gifted a tank from my science teacher. I was told it's a 40 gallon but it looks smaller than my 29 gallon so I think it may be 20g. I originally wanted to stock it with some golden wonder killies but I did some research and found out that they prefer long tanks My new idea is to stock it with 1 male and 2 female Honey Gouramis, because I have heard they have lovely personalities, and a group of bronze Cory Catfish. How many Cories could I reasonably have in a tank of this size?
ndI what species.

Catfish Species

You can have any of these.

Fredward

I'd say between 6 and 8

CoComissy

I agree with Fredward. If you are getting Cories I would highly recommend your substrate be sand. Cories love sifting through it foraging for food. If you have sand be sure to disturb it frequently because dangerous gas bubbles can build up. These gas bubbles can harm your fish if uncovered. I wish you the best of luck,

-CoComissy

AJE

What type?

Aerose

I agree with Fredward. If you are getting Cories I would highly recommend your substrate be sand. Cories love sifting through it foraging for food. If you have sand be sure to disturb it frequently because dangerous gas bubbles can build up. These gas bubbles can harm your fish if uncovered. I wish you the best of luck,

-CoComissy
Thank you so much! I was considering SeaChem Flourite Sand because I wanted to try my hand at creating a heavily planted aquarium. I didn't know about the gas bubble thing so I'm really glad you told me

Sarah73

Here's the sand I use.
20180123_090138.jpg

AJE

Off topic a little. I have a bunch of bubbles in my sand I didn’t know they are bad, what should I do?

Back on the question, have you decided on the species yet?

DoubleDutch

Off topic a little. I have a bunch of bubbles in my sand I didn’t know they are bad, what should I do?

Back on the question, have you decided on the species yet?
Start a new thread.

Small Tanks

In a twenty if you go with the dwarf/pygmy breed you could do 10.
They ARE more sensitive to water issues but they're honestly my favorites, especially in a sand bottom. You get this little tiny herd of teeny guys rummaging around.

If you're doing bronze I would stick with 6

Aerose

In a twenty if you go with the dwarf/pygmy breed you could do 10.
They ARE more sensitive to water issues but they're honestly my favorites, especially in a sand bottom. You get this little tiny herd of teeny guys rummaging around.

If you're doing bronze I would stick with 6
Aw that'd be so cute... I will definitely consider that!
EDIT: just did some research and wow I think I'm in love with salt and pepper Cories! They seem like they'd really appreciate the slow moving heavily planted tank I'm going for and school of them would be so interesting to watch. I'm curious to see how the honeys will interact with them as well tysm for this suggestion!!

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom