3. OP
    OP
    Pishies

Pishies Valued Member Member

4 foot long x 2 foot high

@aquatickeeper

4. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

you don't want anything else just the Congo Tetras at the top/middle?

5. OP
    OP
    Pishies

Yes just Congos

6. ~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

~EverythingsSoSawbwa~ Valued Member Member

Congos are beautiful fish! I love their tail fin :) Hope someone can help you stock them!

7. OP
    OP
    Pishies

Yes thank you, I am hoping for some replies!

8. Redshark1

Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

16.01.09 Congo Tetra Phenacogrammus interruptus 6' aquarium Steve Joul - Copy.JPG I have eight Congo Tetras, three males and five females. I think that's a good minimum number. They live in a 6' x 18" x 18" aquarium.

Unfortunately, my fluorescent lights do not reflect their colours well but luckily on sunny days the sunlight makes them shimmer.

I'm not sure what lights would light them up permanently.

However, I rate these fish very highly as I have found them very reliable. They stay healthy, eat well, are always visible and on display and are very sociable with one another and other species.

They shoal impressively and the males especially display to one another without serious aggression (thinking about my previous too-vigorous Boeseman's Rainbows here).

They make good dither fish for the six Clown Loaches they share the aquarium with.

When I was having problems with Neon Tetras I was wishing the neons were as reliable as these.

My only question would be whether you would get bored of having just these on their own. I think they would be best combined with another interesting species but it's your call.

9. OP
    OP
    Pishies

Your Congos are beautiful!

Usually i keep nano fish, so the congos will be my biggest fish. I cant find any fish i like that would go with the congos, so i thought to just make it a species tank. Thanks for your reply..

10. Redshark1

Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

You're welcome. They are a great fish to start with and you will develop ideas as you go along. Patience is a virtue.

11. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I think you could do about 30 if it was just congos, imo.