How many bamboo shrimp is too many?

• Thread starter BklynsBurning
  • Start date

BklynsBurning

hi guys
i have 3 bamboo shrimp that hang out on some floating driftwood in the current...it rests against a standing cholla wood covered in java fern and elodia...the tank is decently planted 55 gal and stocked with compatible community fish

bioload withstanding, how many bamboo shrimp would be considered overcrowding?...are they happier jostling and climbing all over each other in bunches?

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Its great to see them jostling and climbing over each other and they always find a place id have no worries putting 10 in there it would look great

BklynsBurning

thanx...thats what i was hoping to hear...
...im also planning on throwing a few vampire shrimp in there when they become available again

richiep

Fishlore VIP
I'm a big fan of vampire as well and they do better with at least two

Timmy1027

I have two adults and two juveniles in a 3 gallon tank. As long as they are not scrubbing the tank bottom for food, you are not hosting too many. " jostling and climbing " means they are fighting for the best spot to receive the strongest current, but it is normal. You may want to fix the drift wood facing the current out of the filter. That helps them accommodate and relax.

BklynsBurning

im going out today to look for some more to add...bamboo are easy to find by me...theyre only about 9-12 bucks depending on store
...but an LFS in chinatown nyc told me vampires are hard to get now...they always had them before for $20...also all online sites are out of stock...
...wonder why

Timmy1027

BklynsBurning said:
im going out today to look for some more to add...bamboo are easy to find by me...theyre only about 9-12 bucks depending on store
...but an LFS in chinatown nyc told me vampires are hard to get now...they always had them before for $20...also all online sites are out of stock...
...wonder why
Because they are wild caught only in Asia. International shipping is affected by the pandemic.

Bettybrown922

BklynsBurning said:
hi guys
i have 3 bamboo shrimp that hang out on some floating driftwood in the current...it rests against a standing cholla wood covered in java fern and elodia...the tank is decently planted 55 gal and stocked with compatible community fish

bioload withstanding, how many bamboo shrimp would be considered overcrowding?...are they happier jostling and climbing all over each other in bunches?
Oh, I love Bamboo Shrimp! I don't own any - can you post some pics of yours?

Top Bottom