how many ballon mollies in a 25gallon? Question

1. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

i currently have two 25 gallon tanks with three balloon mollies in each, they were bought to TSS cycle the larger tanks for the fry to move to. males in one, females in the other. how many balloon mollies can i fit comfortably into a 25 gallon tank? the fry will be moved from grow out when i am certain of sex. they are currently moved to sexed grow outs when i am quite sure, to be moved to the main tanks when they can be sexed for definite.

thanks.x

2. claireputput Well Known Member Member

If it were me, I would want more females then males-at least two-to-one, so I would go with 6 or 7 in a 25g. However, you are I am sure aware of how much waste they produce. :)

3. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

I have a tank for the males and a tank for the females. I had a female who had 13 fry survive before she was killed :( so i bought the other tanks for the babies, i have the two 10gals if needed but i don't feel they are sufficient space for mollies. Ill put three babies in each tank to bring it up to six and hopefully i can rehome the others. Thanks for your help.x