How many Angel's in a 37 gallon? Help 

Zai

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How many Angel's would fit in a 37 gallon?
We went to a fish store to pick up a second angel fish [we have one in there, it's the only fish] and she said that just adding one is going to cause aggression issues and to add 2 to 3 at once. So we got 3 more Angel's, 2 of whom are smaller [I'll attach photos]. Hes already acting aggressive to the bag the smaller ones are in lol. Ones slightly bigger than he is.

Were we steered wrong? I get a feeling well end up returning 2 of them, especially once they start pairing off.

We just rearranged the tank earlier so hes reexploring new territory
20191122_174040.jpg
20191122_174036.jpg
20191122_174021.jpg

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would say none for angelfish. Angels need to a tank size of at least 55 gallons and should be kept in a group of 5+. Having four angels in a 37 gallon aquarium will cause aggression in the long run.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
1 would be where I would draw the line, especially in q community-based aquarium. 2 if its a tank solely for avbreeding pair.

Otherwise, I agree with above. If you want a group of tjem (5+), you probably looking minimum of a 55g.

Zai

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aussieJJDude said:
1 would be where I would draw the line, especially in q community-based aquarium. 2 if its a tank solely for avbreeding pair.

Otherwise, I agree with above. If you want a group of tjem (5+), you probably looking minimum of a 55g.
Yeah we were planning on just the 2, but the woman at the shop was very insistent. I felt bad about the decision since we really just wanted the breeding pair, but didnt want to end up with any fighting among the new fish. We moved him to a QT tank to let the other 3 adjust and hope that reintroducing him tomorrow will curb aggression and allow them to pair off.

Zai

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Crispii said:
I would say none for angelfish. Angels need to a tank size of at least 55 gallons and should be kept in a group of 5+. Having four angels in a 37 gallon aquarium will cause aggression in the long run.
I didnt even want all 4 tbh xD just wanted to get one to pair them off

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Zai said:
I didnt even want all 4 tbh xD just wanted to get one to pair them off
See if he pairs up with one of the new ones, then maybe get another tank for the other two or find homes if you dont want to keep that many :)

Zai

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
MissNoodle said:
See if he pairs up with one of the new ones, then maybe get another tank for the other two or find homes if you dont want to keep that many :)
Wed probably see about taking them back to the fish store tbh. Idk many people in my city who keep fish (not saying they dont but hard to figure it out) and I dont feel comfortable shipping fish since I've never done so before. Could try on a local selling app however.

Hopefully he chills out and pairs up with one. Hes a veiltail which we love and wed like to keep him and one other

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom