How many Angels can I put in my 55 gallon?

kaleen
I plan on stocking my 55 with Angels. I’m in the process of moving my current fish to a different tank that I’m still in charge of. My initial plan was to buy about 5 or 6, get a pair formed then sell the remaining Angels, then get a bunch of guppies, but now I think it might be more interesting to just get a mix of different kinds of Angels. What do y’all think? Do I have enough room for more than a pair? How many should I get and how many guppies could I get if I have more than 2 Angels in the tank?

My filter is the Aqueon QuietFlow 75, the tank is planted and I plan on getting a ton more plants for the tank since I’m planning on doing CO2.

Wouldratherwatchaquarium
I think you will be OK with 5 or 6 juveniles in a 55. Once they they are all grown and possibly paired it may be a different story though. I've got 4 in a 44 gal tall tank and so far so good with a bit of chasing between 2 of them now and then. Keep an eye, angels are unpredictable and can be pretty aggressive.

kaleen
Wouldratherwatchaquarium said:
I think you will be OK with 5 or 6 juveniles in a 55. Once they they are all grown and possibly paired it may be a different story though. I've got 4 in a 44 gal tall tank and so far so good with a bit of chasing between 2 of them now and then. Keep an eye, angels are unpredictable and can be pretty aggressive.
Ok thanks. How many guppies do you think I could pull off?

Wouldratherwatchaquarium
I'm not sure on that..probably like 10 or more as they are pretty small aren't they and if tank has a good cycle and established maybe more. Angels may eat small fish so just make sure either the guppies aren't tiny when you add them or the angels are on smaller side.

Im not most experienced on angelfish and stocking them so others may have different opinions

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom