How many angelfish in a 350 gallon?

RickyRicardo1838

Hello everyone, in my 350 gallon I currenrly have 3 angelfish whom I think are all male because they have never paired off and are always fighting, so I am now planning to add more to reduce their aggression. How many angelfish should I add to reduce the aggression in the group? Also what size should the angels I introduce be? My current 3 angels are adult size and it is hard to find nice adult angelfish, so I'll probaly be buying juveniles. What size should I grow them out to before introducing them?
Thank you in advance,
Ricky

jkkgron2

In a species only tank you could have quite a few. But to reduce aggression I would say that 6-7 angels in all would be a good group size. Try to grow them out until they’re close to the adults size.

MomeWrath

I need to see a picture of a 350 gallon tank with angelfish in it please!! If it was species only I'd put at least 10, but that's just a complete guess because I can't even fathom (haha - little aquatic humor) a tank that big!

BettasAreSuperior

In total you could put 5-6 more angels do in total with all the fish males and females you would have 8-9 angels.

RickyRicardo1838

Thank you, it is actually not a species only tank, but I do want the school of angels to be the focus of the tank. The other fish in the tank are 1 gold severum, 3 electric blue acaras, 10 congo tetras, 2 pearls gouramis, and 3 clown loaches.

BettasAreSuperior

oh then I would put only 2 more female angels. So in total with all the fish males and females you would have about 5 angels in total with the current ones and the new ones.

jkkgron2

bettaandcorylover said:
oh then I would put only 2 more female angels. So in total with all the fish males and females you would have about 5 angels in total with the current ones and the new ones.
It’s going to be hard to get 2 adult females. The OP said that they might need to grow them out and it’s very very hard to tell the males and females apart when young. I think that 3 more would be a better number, because the aggression will get more spread out and if they only had 5 and 4 paired up then the other one would be bullied until it died or was removed.

BettasAreSuperior

jkkgron2 said:
It’s going to be hard to get 2 adult females. The OP said that they might need to grow them out and it’s very very hard to tell the males and females apart when young. I think that 3 more would be a better number, because the aggression will get more spread out and if they only had 5 and 4 paired up then the other one would be bullied until it died or was removed.
Yeah thats what I was thinking it's hard to tell. 3 would be a better number.

Nataku

Y'all are way underestimating numbers in bigger tanks xD
I kept 24 angels in a 220. With a school of a dozen or so rainbows. And around 20 bronze corydoras.
When you get the angels in a big enough group they tend to behave more like schooling fish and pair bickering tends to drop off.

Cody

I agree that you could do quite a few! Not sure what the dimensions are but I would shoot for at least 12 just to get a nice school but even with your current stocking and the massive tank there is no reason you couldn’t do more.

BigBeardDaHuZi

Nataku said:
Y'all are way underestimating numbers in bigger tanks xD
I kept 24 angels in a 220. With a school of a dozen or so rainbows. And around 20 bronze corydoras.
When you get the angels in a big enough group they tend to behave more like schooling fish and pair bickering tends to drop off.
Enough angels to school properly.... That is a sight I'd love to see.

Dippiedee

I would love to see your tank please upload picture :D

RickyRicardo1838

Cody said:
I agree that you could do quite a few! Not sure what the dimensions are but I would shoot for at least 12 just to get a nice school but even with your current stocking and the massive tank there is no reason you couldn’t do more.
I think I'll be going with 12 then, the dimensions are 8 foot long, 30 inches deep, 30 inches tall

Dippiedee said:
I would love to see your tank please upload picture :D
I'll take some pictures later today when the lights go on, it's nothing special at the moment haha. I'm excited for when the baby angels grow and I can have a school of them in there!

Cody

RickyRicardo1838 said:
I think I'll be going with 12 then, the dimensions are 8 foot long, 30 inches deep, 30 inches tall
You could definitely do more. But I think a school of 12 mixed in with the others you have would be a great tank. With room to grow others as wel.

FishBoy101

RickyRicardo1838 said:

I'll take some pictures later today when the lights go on, it's nothing special at the moment haha. I'm excited for when the baby angels grow and I can have a school of them in there!
12 angels will work along with the other fish. Images please :)

RickyRicardo1838

Here are some pictures 20200929_090041.jpg20200929_085854.jpg20200929_085715.jpg20200929_085644.jpg20200929_085559.jpg

Dippiedee

Wow its gorgeous! I love your severum

RickyRicardo1838

Top Bottom