Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

How Many Angelfish In A 150 Gallon Tank?

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by AVNS27, Apr 6, 2019.

1. AVNS27New MemberMember

Hello everyone. this is my first post in the forum.
    I have a 150 gallon planted tank. I plan to add angelfishes to the tank. Currently I have 6 cardinal tetras, 6 black tetras, 6 julii cories, and 3 bristle nose plecos. I was wondering how many angelfish I can get as I heard that they can get aggressive especially once matured and pairing starts. How many would be enough so that everyone remains stress free?

2. Zigi ZigWell Known MemberMember

Morning
    Is hard to tell how many is also depend on filtration I would start with 6 and watch your water parameters if it go's well I would add some more

3. AVNS27New MemberMember

At what number of angelfishes should I stop adding more? Thanks for your answer btw!

4. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

I have 5 young ones in our 150 tall. Might move a solitary from another aquarium in after they get a bit larger.

5. AVNS27New MemberMember

I'm not that familiar with the difference of 150 gallon long and 150 gallon tall. Would you mind elaborating?

Are you planning to add more or is six the final number. I may follow in your foot steps. Do tell me how they do though. I really want to know!

6. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

The standard 150 is 6' long. The 150 tall is 4'X 31" tall X 24" deep.

5-6 angles will be the final number.

I find that if you introduce them within a couple months of each others age (while young) things go better. I also keep other active fish with them to keep them distracted from each other. There is a school of 11 rummy nose along with 7 female mollies and one male molly in there.

This shot was taken in the early morning before I went to work. I add the supplements for the plants at that time. Most of the fish are still sleeping in the plants.
    _MG_9618-Edit.0.jpg

7. Zigi ZigWell Known MemberMember

Very nice setup I love tall tanks as you can tell on your Angel fish how much space it got and how big fins they have..

8. AVNS27New MemberMember

I see. I have the 6' long then it seems. That tank looks awesome and those are pretty cool angels! I am going to get 8 first, pick my favorites then dwindle them to 5 or 6. Thanks for the help guys!