Status
Not open for further replies.

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello all,

I was looking into possibly stocking a 30 gallon as follows: 1 pair of Kribs, 3 or 4 yoyo loaches, 6 cardinal tetras, and a DG. Would this work compatibility wise? My yoyos are moderately energetic, but would it be an issue? Also, how difficult is it to recieve both a male and female krib? I think it would be awesome to breed them. Thanks for your time.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi tototime, I think that stocking list looks ok. Male and Female Kribs are pretty easy to sex, your LFS should be able to give you one of each, but make sure that the male is bigger than the female, or the female may reject him.

OP
tototime

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Could I replace the tetras with tiger barbs? I've heard of some krib owners doing that. If they do spawn, I'm afraid they'd destroy the tetras.

OP
tototime

tototime

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay. Researching a bit more, and I soon found out they breed often. I just don't have the space or time right now to take care of the fry. So, with that in mind, would it be okay to have this as a stocking list?

1 Krib, 1 Bolivian Ram, 3 loaches, 6 cardinals and a DG. Would the Krib and Ram work? I know they are different types of cichlids, but they have similar water parameters.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In a 30gal you might find that theres ot enough space for them both to establish a territory. Personally I'd just pick one if you don't want a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%

Top Bottom