How many amano shrimp for my tank?

Maxwell09

How many more amanos can I get? I was thinking maybe 2-3 more?

7 gallon cube planted tank

4 asian stone catfish, 3 blue daisy ricefish, 1 amano shrimp, a couple of neocardina

somedudewithatank

I was told for my 10 gallon 2 total would be a good number but the people telling me might have just been conservative on tank population

Upvote 0

Maxwell09

I was told for my 10 gallon 2 total would be a good number but the people telling me might have just been conservative on tank population
I think the problem isnt bioload or space i think its the food. 10 gallon wouldnt have enough algae for like 20 amanos. Someone correct me if im wrong

Upvote 0

grac3

yes, the main concern is the food. amanos are quite big, whereas cherries are much smaller so you'll be able to have like 30 cherries in a 5g. although 20 amanos sounds like a space + food problem haha

Upvote 0

Maxwell09

yes, the main concern is the food. amanos are quite big, whereas cherries are much smaller so you'll be able to have like 30 cherries in a 5g. although 20 amanos sounds like a space + food problem haha
Yeah lol, im just gonna get 3 more and supplement them with some food.

Upvote 0

GatlingGun

Yes… maybe the thread starter should do Cherry shrimp instead of Amano shrimp since it’s a 7 gallon? I feel like Cherry’s would be cooler in a bigger group. Maybe 10?

Upvote 0

Maxwell09

Yes… maybe the thread starter should do Cherry shrimp instead of Amano shrimp since it’s a 7 gallon? I feel like Cherry’s would be cooler in a bigger group. Maybe 10?
I already have neos in there, and since they barely make any bioload, I was thinking to get more amanos. Cause amanos are big and cool.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Maxwell09
  • Question
Replies
Views
Maxwell09
  • Question
Replies
Views