how many albino cory's?

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ok guys, I have my 40 gallon tank running: fish stock are 2 angels, 1 krib, 6 harlequin rasboras and 2 albino cory cats.....how many albino cory cats can I add without over stocking...I want to get my 2 albino's some more friends....oh and all these fish are still young...it that counts for anything...I just want them to grow up together....

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You could get at least 6 more cories without a problem.

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
really wow...ok I thought I was going overboard if I would add 4 more...aqadvisor said that it was ok but my filtration was not enough...

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What kind of filtration are you running? What's your GPH? You didn't list it and you've been keeping fish for two years. I figured you had the filtration covered

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
its an aqueon 30, it says 30 gallons to 45 gallons....and it says 200 gallons per hour...I thought it was ok...but aqadvisor says i'm at 87% with my current stock..

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
so what do you think?

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ah, gotcha. I run ten times filtration on all of my tanks. Aqueons are one of my favs. They provide awesome filtration and water movement.

Swimming space, you'd be fine. If you stay on top of your water changes, it shouldn't spike your nitrates.

Have you thought about adding a 2nd filter? You could add another Aqueon 30, that would give you 400gph.

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I can't afford to get another filter just yet...so with my current set up how many cory's do you suggest at the moment with my current stock...oh and by water changes...is every two weeks ok, or should I be doing them weekly?

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'd still say you can add six more. I do weekly water changes on all of my tanks. It seems to bring out their color and activity level more.

Where are your nitrates at two weeks after a water change?

leeishom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yea, water changes always perk up my fishes.

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
actually I never really do two week water changes....that's one in a great while, I usually do them weekly anyways...thanks for the advice...

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads