How Many Adf Can Fit In A 5.5 Gallon

Jazzmin

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 5.5 gallon tank and interested in getting African dwarf frogs for it. I can't find a whole lot of information on them and was wondering if anyone can share some basics. Filtration, lightning, set up, stock level, feeding. Thanks

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

This is an article a friend of mine recommended to raise your frogs (he used it for his own tank when deciding to take up adf. It's been week for 2+ years)

African Dwarf Frog Housing and Feeding
He recommended 1.5 gal to a frog tho, just so there isn't a overcrowding issue.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I recommend 2.5 gallons per frog minimum. They are social so you need at least 2. Two would be the perfect number for your tank as three would be overstocking in my opinion and one would be lonely.
For filtration they don't like a lot of flow so a sponge filter is good.
Lighting isn't important unless you want plants. They don't like extremely bright lighting so if you want live plants give them some shady spots or add floating plants or something similar.
They are mostly carnivorous so frozen foods and frog pellets are good.

DixieGyspy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I loved mine when I had them!! I just made sure they weren't in a tall tank and had lots of hiding spots and I also bought one of those food dishes for reptiles for their tank so they knew were the food was. They also loved the floating plants that has been mentioned!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom