How Many Adf Can Fit In A 5.5 Gallon

Discussion in 'Amphibians' started by Jazzmin, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Jazzmin

Jazzmin New Member Member

I have a 5.5 gallon tank and interested in getting African dwarf frogs for it. I can't find a whole lot of information on them and was wondering if anyone can share some basics. Filtration, lightning, set up, stock level, feeding. Thanks

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

This is an article a friend of mine recommended to raise your frogs (he used it for his own tank when deciding to take up adf. It's been week for 2+ years)

He recommended 1.5 gal to a frog tho, just so there isn't a overcrowding issue.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

4. OP
    OP
    Jazzmin

Ok, thanks! I'll defiantly read those articles over.

5. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I recommend 2.5 gallons per frog minimum. They are social so you need at least 2. Two would be the perfect number for your tank as three would be overstocking in my opinion and one would be lonely.
    For filtration they don't like a lot of flow so a sponge filter is good.
    Lighting isn't important unless you want plants. They don't like extremely bright lighting so if you want live plants give them some shady spots or add floating plants or something similar.
    They are mostly carnivorous so frozen foods and frog pellets are good.

6. OP
    OP
    Jazzmin

Thanks!

7. DixieGyspy

DixieGyspy New Member Member

I loved mine when I had them!! I just made sure they weren't in a tall tank and had lots of hiding spots and I also bought one of those food dishes for reptiles for their tank so they knew were the food was. :) They also loved the floating plants that has been mentioned!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice