How Long

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Jai, Apr 9, 2006.

1. JaiValued MemberMember

Just for my own knowledge, setting up a new tank and never waited for your tank to cycle and added your fish considering all the chlorine has been completely removed, how long would the fishes survive?

2. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.

Austin

3. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Depending on what type of fish you have in the tank and how well you monitor your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels, the fish should survive. Some fish are more sensitive to water conditions than others, so sensitive fish would probably not survive cycling a tank. If you are considering cycling a tank with fish in it, Zebra danios do very well, along with tiger barbs. How big is your tank?

4. JaiValued MemberMember

well its a 96ltr, but i kept it cycling for 5 weeks or so without fish......the question i posted was just for general knowledge, thanks ;)

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

In my very first tank (29G) I put in four zebra danios immediately and added two each week until I had twelve. They all lived.
    That is not how I set my tanks up now that I know better. I imagine the reason they survived my ignorance is because it was a fairly large tank and a small anount of fish added over a long period of time.
    carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice