How long will plants be good in bags?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by guster730, Jan 11, 2013.

1. guster730Valued MemberMember

When I go out to lunch today, I'm checking out a LFS that sells plants and will probably buy some. I have to carry them back to work outside, so it'll be pretty cold, then I need to stay at work until 3:30. It's warm here but will the cold outside hurt them somehow?

2. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

I think they will be okay if you ask the people at the lfs to double bag it. When you buy plants in the mail, they are out in the cold for long periods of time. Besides, if you are in roughly the same area as I am, we are supposed to be having warmer than normal temperatures, so there should be no problems.

3. riptide904Valued MemberMember

I think the longest I've kept them in a bag was four hours, they were good.

4. ivonkoValued MemberMember

i had to have one of my plants in a fishy bag with about 4 oz of water and air for 3 days, took it out and put it in the tank with no issues.

5. guster730Valued MemberMember

Ok thanks, I'll be sure to ask them to double bag them.

6. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I've had plants delivered in the mail that I left in the bag for a week before I did anything With them

7. jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

Yep, like at petsmart, the tissue culture plants stay for months in a plastic bag with just enough water to keep the package humid.

8. guster730Valued MemberMember

The LFS was awesome, Pacific aquarium and plant.. The employees were actually so knowledgeable that I felt like an idiot. I bought some java moss, a java fern, some cabomba and 2 crypts, there goes $29 :( But anyway I have them by a window in the light and on top of a heater (which is only ever so slightly warm) so they should be fine. Anyway thanks guys.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice