How Long Will It Take? (moss)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Ian Attaway, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Ian Attaway

Ian Attaway Valued Member Member

I bought some moss from eBay and I just threaded it to my driftwood. How long will it take for the plant to attach to the driftwood and how long will it take for my thread to dissolve?

2. SallImSayin

SallImSayin Valued Member Member

I don't know, but I just made some coconut caves with a tiny amount of Java Moss and it's already covered and they're pretty nice sized shells. I've made mats, and rock covered ones, as well. It's been less than a month..I've never worked with driftwood, so I can't speak on that.

3. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

I've had Java moss take about three months to adjust to my tank then explode, in another tank it only took about two weeks to start growing. I got them from different places though so that may explain the difference. Flame moss took off quicker and is also growing like crazy. Weeping took forever, but it worth it, by far my favorite (besides my fissidens)
    As for the thread it varies, but usually the moss will be attached before the cotton thread breaks down.

4. n

neongirl Valued Member Member

I've had mine in my tank for 4 weeks and it has already tripled in size, granted I do have my lights on for probably longer than I should. But I love how fast it's growing :) I would say it depends on how long you run your lights for

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice