How Long Will It Take Ich To Be Completely Gone From My Tank At 26-28c?

Janice C

I recently bought some cherry shrimp from a tank where they put 2 fishes with ich for some reason. They came with a plant too and in hindsight I should have at least rinsed the plant before throwing it into the tank but I didn't. I'm planning on adding fish, how long do I have to wait before I can be sure that ich is gone from my tank since they don't have a host? And would it be safe to increase the temp with shrimp to maybe about 30C so the ich life cycle is completed faster?

I have put some extra media into the filter for another tank which I'll transfer to the one with shrimp once I add fish

M-Stokes

I recently bought some cherry shrimp from a tank where they put 2 fishes with ich for some reason. They came with a plant too and in hindsight I should have at least rinsed the plant before throwing it into the tank but I didn't. I'm planning on adding fish, how long do I have to wait before I can be sure that ich is gone from my tank since they don't have a host? And would it be safe to increase the temp with shrimp to maybe about 30C so the ich life cycle is completed faster?

I have put some extra media into the filter for another tank which I'll transfer to the one with shrimp once I add fish
2 weeks

richiep

30c for two weeks will kill your shrimp

Janice C

30c for two weeks will kill your shrimp
thanks!! will just leave it at 28 then

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
yegben
Replies
Views