How Long Will A Co2 Tank Last?

Discussion in 'Plant CO2' started by Schmidthead, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Schmidthead

Schmidthead Valued Member Member

Obviously it depends on how much I'm running and how often I'm running it. But I don't even have a basic idea at all. The CO2 tank was given to me, I believe its a 5 pound tank, could be a 10 I'm not 100% sure. I just don't know what to expect. Is this something that would last me a few months? A few weeks? years? Centuries?

I assume a lot of you have experience with a 5 pound (or so) tank. Want to share your experiences with me to get somewhat of a ballpark here?

As always, thank you fish friends.

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

I'm currently running a 10 gallon co2 tank at 1 bubble a second for 7 hrs a day. usually, i get around 4 months out of it. It then costs on average about $8.00 to refill. The only thing you need to look at is the expiration date on your tank. Once it goes past the expiration date, you need to get it checked which can be pricy.

3. OP
    OP
    Schmidthead

Schmidthead Valued Member Member

Don't worry, I got a guy on the inside of the industry that will check/replace for free ;) But anyway. I should expect to get a few months out of it at least?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice