How Long Will A Co2 Tank Last?

Schmidthead

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Obviously it depends on how much I'm running and how often I'm running it. But I don't even have a basic idea at all. The CO2 tank was given to me, I believe its a 5 pound tank, could be a 10 I'm not 100% sure. I just don't know what to expect. Is this something that would last me a few months? A few weeks? years? Centuries?

I assume a lot of you have experience with a 5 pound (or so) tank. Want to share your experiences with me to get somewhat of a ballpark here?

As always, thank you fish friends.

DutchAquarium

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm currently running a 10 gallon co2 tank at 1 bubble a second for 7 hrs a day. usually, I get around 4 months out of it. It then costs on average about $8.00 to refill. The only thing you need to look at is the expiration date on your tank. Once it goes past the expiration date, you need to get it checked which can be pricy.

OP
Schmidthead

Schmidthead

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DutchAquarium said:
I'm currently running a 10 gallon co2 tank at 1 bubble a second for 7 hrs a day. usually, I get around 4 months out of it. It then costs on average about $8.00 to refill. The only thing you need to look at is the expiration date on your tank. Once it goes past the expiration date, you need to get it checked which can be pricy.
Don't worry, I got a guy on the inside of the industry that will check/replace for free But anyway. I should expect to get a few months out of it at least?

New Threads