How long until she drops?

1. markah1 Member Member

I know you guys might be tired of the question but I've never owned a female guppy before. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

Always glad to give my two cents worth. I would give her at least a week if not two and depending on if she gets stressed out or not it could be longer. Looks like you have some good hiding places for the fry with the hornswart so if you leave her in the tank some of the fry will be able to hide from the adults.

3. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

+1

I agree, she probably has at least a week or 2 yet.

She is very beautiful by the way!

4. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I, too, would say at least a week.

5. markah1 Member Member

Thanks for the replies. I didnt even know this got posted because I kept getting an error message but I apologize for posting this twice. She still hasn't dropped though. I'm still waiting.

6. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Very pretty guppy. I also agree that it'll probably be around a week before she drops. When she begins to look boxy that means she is going to start giving birth soon.

7. Codyandme1 Member Member

Very pretty!
    Congratulations by the way, with how many times I've bought guppies male and female they have never ever bred.
    :)

8. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

9. cameronpalte Member Member

I would say around a week. Make sure if you want her to drop to be careful because she will probably birth over night (experience) so if you want to stop her from eating fry move her to an empty fry tank and when you wake up transfer the mother.

10. markah1 Member Member

Sorry about the double post but I didn't know one of them got posted. I kept getting an error message on my phone.

11. cameronpalte Member Member

Its ok:)... just wondering its been 2 weeks since thread start, has she dropped?