How long should I treat for??

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This has been my 5 treatment with the QC in a 7 day period, I am wondering how many times should I use the qc and for how many ays to treat? they are starting to eat if only a little and not like before but that could be because of the qc. I did a 40% water change yester day and cleaned out my canister filter and added more qc then again today.

Fins are no longer clamped, skin looks good maybe not 100% but almost and they are swiming around more now so my worry is to much meds for to long but then I am scared to stop them as I don't want it to get worse or come back and then have to start all over, so how long to keep this up for? or do I stop now and see hwat happens? oh and aquarium lights still off.

In case you do not know I was treating for some kind of skin thing where it looked like sking was peeling off my discus, or excess mucus or something so after some research and asking questions it was decided that i try QC so what do you think I should do now?

ifixoldhouses

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
says on the bottle 3 treatments max

Quick Cure works as its name implies, Quickly! Fast relief from ick and other external parasites that may appear as grey-white film or mucus on fish. Parasites are also indicated if your fish are scratching against rocks or flicking their fins. Quick Cure provides the relief your fish are looking for in only 2 days!

Instructions:
Remove carbon from filter. Add one drop per gallon daily. For TETRAS: add one drop per 2 gallons daily. For MARINE fish: Add one drop daily in a bare aquarium. Maximum dosage: 3 treatments. If further medication is required, perform a 25 percent water change. Not for use on baby whales or elephant noses. Not for reef aquariums.

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
iv been asking around all breeders here and shops and knowone has herd of your problem how weard is that. im shore some one can help u find out what this is! really feel for you fishmonster i was devistated when i got ich from adding bristlnose lest week i lost a bristlnose a discus and an( oscar in dif tank) we really do love our discus like babys.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ifixoldhouses said:
says on the bottle 3 treatments max

Quick Cure works as its name implies, Quickly! Fast relief from ick and other external parasites that may appear as grey-white film or mucus on fish. Parasites are also indicated if your fish are scratching against rocks or flicking their fins. Quick Cure provides the relief your fish are looking for in only 2 days!

Instructions:
Remove carbon from filter. Add one drop per gallon daily. For TETRAS: add one drop per 2 gallons daily. For MARINE fish: Add one drop daily in a bare aquarium. Maximum dosage: 3 treatments. If further medication is required, perform a 25 percent water change. Not for use on baby whales or elephant noses. Not for reef aquariums.
Wow you did not have to write all that I know I have the bottle as well, but I also know that with certain treatments sometimes things are done a little diferent in case of disucs. I was un-sure if for discus we should treat longer than usal or if the standard instructions were fine to follow as is, I suppose I should have specified that?

Having said that if further treatment was needed as with some meds I have read the instructions that you could do a 2% water change to run another course of the medicine. I know it says cure ICH in just two days but in this case I am not treating for ICh so I did not know if the same applied for other types off problems this medicine is good for.
Also the part that read 3 day max is in the same sentence only seperated with a colon says three day max I did not know if that was just for marine fish or freshwate as well. I think you can see where some questions could be raised when reading the directions?

For MARINE fish: Add one drop daily in a bare aquarium. Maximum dosage: 3 treatments. If further medication is required, perform a 25 percent water change.

So it almost sounds like this section here refers to marine fish only it is a bit confusing to me you know?

and also it seems like their symptoms have cleared up other than their apitie but could that be because of the meds?

So if it were you what would you do from here discountinue treatment and see what happens? do a laere water change add some carbon to get rid of the rest of the meds and then maybe add some salt? if so how much for how long and I would be using aqurium salt correct?

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
joshua 74 said:
iv been asking around all breeders here and shops and knowone has herd of your problem how weard is that. im shore some one can help u find out what this is! really feel for you fishmonster i was devistated when i got ich from adding bristlnose lest week i lost a bristlnose a discus and an( oscar in dif tank) we really do love our discus like babys.
You got that rite some treat their dogs like their own children especialy for those who do not have children well I do have children but I still look at them like that I guess because I know how delicate they are and I know how much TLC a growing animal or human baby needs and these fish really are soemthing to be held so I do spoil them that and I always like to practice proper animal husbandry at all cost if I can

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom