10 Gallon Tank How long should I keep a guppy couple together to mate?

• Thread starter Blackhawksfan4life
  • Start date

Blackhawksfan4life

Hey everyone I am wondering how long it will take for my guppies or Endlers to mate if I separated them into a ten gallon. Basically what I am doing is my own small time breeding operation just to see what colors I can get and also trade done in to my local fish store to get some supplies from every now And again.

I have 29 gallon tank with some female enders and female guppies with red cherry shrimp and Corydoras

I also have a 30 gallon with male Endlers and Guppies with Bristlenose Plecos and gold white clouds.

My 10 gallon will be used for breeding guppy and Endlers and to hold fry of all sorts. How long should I keep the male with females?

Thanks for bearing with this long post

FishBoy101

Well Known
Blackhawksfan4life said:
Hey everyone I am wondering how long it will take for my guppies or Endlers to mate if I separated them into a ten gallon. Basically what I am doing is my own small time breeding operation just to see what colors I can get and also trade done in to my local fish store to get some supplies from every now And again.

I have 29 gallon tank with some female enders and female guppies with red cherry shrimp and Corydoras

I also have a 30 gallon with male Endlers and Guppies with Bristlenose Plecos and gold white clouds.

My 10 gallon will be used for breeding guppy and Endlers and to hold fry of all sorts. How long should I keep the male with females?

Thanks for bearing with this long post
I say a few days, 2-3. If you see the male chasing the female do that time.

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
You should do 2-3 females per male to distribute the harrassment of the male. So in a 10 i would do 3 females and a single male. But be warned that a single guppy can drop 30-50 fry sometimes more so be preapred to know what to do with them before hand, Cause they will overrun your 10 gallon with one fry drop usually. You can leave the adults in the tank to let nature run its course but they will eventually get sick of eating them and soon the newborns will be eating with the parents.

Top Bottom