Question How long should i be leaving my water to settle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freefallgazza

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi I was just wondering how long I should be leaving my water to settle in the storage container after treatment with Nurafin Aqua Plus, the container holds about 30 Litres. When performing large water changes it becomes a problem because I often find I do not have enough water to fill the tank all the way up, it's not stopping my aqaurium from working but it's not very nice having a 3/4 filled tank. OH and I've noticed green thick algea growing on the inside of the container, I hope that this is nothing to worry about.

Cheers, Gazza

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!!
is there a reason you are letting it sit and settle? you really dont have to...thats more of an old school way before the good conditioners became available ....as long as your conditioner detoxifies (and it does) you can add the conditioner directly to the water when adding it to the tank..if you have a huge difference in ph, and thats why you are letting it settle, just do smaller water changes ...letting water sit only makes it more cold and can be more stressful to the fish when added to tropical tanks....

Freefallgazza

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The only reason im doing large water changes is because I've recently had a large Nitite spike and I didn't want to take a chance.

Cheers, thanks for the help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom