how long should a heater last?

MJDuti

I had an Aquen 50 for awhile now and it just stopped heating. Not the end of the world, however I did hear they are guaranteed for life? If so, what's the approach to replace it? It's only been a couple of years. I figured they should run for quite some time.

I also caught a nice little sale at PetSmart and got the Fluval M50 for my 10G for about $25 (would never pay over $35 for it). It is much sleaker and apparently has a nice reflective casing. They exaggerate a little bit, but it is nice.

utkgreg

I use ViaAqua heaters. Had them for a few years now; never had one die yet. You can get the largest 300W for under $20.

MJDuti

good to hear cause I actually ordered a ViaAqua for the larger tank I am setting up. It would have taken up too much space in my 10G though. I just needed something quick and couldn't find my backup...go figure.

Jim

Aqueon Pro or regular--guaranteed for life.

utkgreg

MJDuti said:
good to hear cause I actually ordered a ViaAqua for the larger tank I am setting up. It would have taken up too much space in my 10G though. I just needed something quick and couldn't find my backup...go figure.
Murphy's law sir. Yeah the ViaAqua's are great -- I'm currently running seven of them.
I know that both level of Aqueons have a lifetime mechanical warranty; not sure how to process a request and what info/documentation you have to have, though. Could probably be found on their website?

AbsolutTalent

call their customer service hotline number and request warranty replacement for your heater.

Never had to replace anything aquarium related, but I used to replace a bunch of computer parts. Most of the time it was required to send back defective unit, and sometimes pay for shipping, but each item was different.
Best thing to do, call their number, and progress with what they say

Latest threads

Top Bottom