How long has your aquarium been in storage?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Blk69, Jul 12, 2015.

?

How long has that extra(not setup)aquaruim been in storage you just can't let go

Poll closed Jul 26, 2015.
  1. 0 to 6 months

30.0%
  2. 6 months to 1 year

10.0%
  3. 1 to 2 years

10.0%
  4. 3 to 5 years

10.0%
  5. 5 to 10 years

20.0%
  6. 10 to 20 years

10.0%
  7. 20 to 30 years

10.0%
  8. 30 to 40 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 40 to 50 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 years plus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blk69Valued MemberMember

Have couple old aquariums (10 gal & 20 gal) in the garage I have not use for a while. Wife wants me to throw them out. Thought it might be fun to see who else is a pack rat. Can't seam to get rid of them...never know when you may need an emergency hospital/breeding tank.

Thread should include bragging rights on who has hung onto their old aquarium the longest

2. EricV

EricVFishlore VIPMember

I've had some in storage for about 6-7 years but I've been expanding my fishroom lately so the number is dwindling. :)

3. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

I have a 30 gallon that sits empty at the moment and has been for 2 years now. The sticker on the bottom says it was built in '92. So that must have been when I started this hobby. It has been a fresh water and saltwater tank over the years. It was in my daughters room for a few years as a goldfish tank. It has been used, and sat empty off and on since I got it. It's probably been empty as much as it's been full. I'm 42 now, so I've been doing this for.... A long time now. 42? How did that happen?? :;smack

I actually have dozens of tanks that are empty. But none that old, or that have been empty for more than a few months.

4. KaliskaValued MemberMember

I started buying tanks when I was a teenager and they are the one thing I have issue parting with even after breaking. I'm not sure how long some have solidly been in storage but I've used them, stored them, moved them, used them, broke them, fixed them, stored them..... Not many in the same order. I finally decided this time when I moved to trash the broken ones but they are still sitting unsorted in my mom's stable since we emptied the garage of the previous house a few months ago. Sure the panes of glass *could* be used for something and broken panels could be replaced on otherwise good tanks but I haven't gotten to it in 10 years for some. Anyone want a 3 side and bottom 90gallon with the frame removed? That's my hardest one to part with. How long till I will be able to buy something that expensive again? Then again how long until I fix that? Probably the same amount of time.

5. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

I have 2 10g's and a 4g in my basement, and a 29g in my garage. I only have my 36g running atm, but before 3 weeks ago, it was empty in the garage too. Until February, I had an empty 110g in my garage, but I sold it. I had a 6.5g and a 5g out there too, but I chucked them a couple months ago. So at one point, I had 8 empty tanks in storage, and none running.

6. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

0 seconds. lol

7. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

I have a spare 10g that I'm planning on using as a QT/hospital tank when I buy new fish, but right now, it's stored in another room.

8. thefishdude277

thefishdude277Well Known MemberMember

My 10 gallon was spare for like a few days :D

:)

9. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Hahaha

I have a "spare" 29 gallon that I bought a few days ago and am currently in the process of cycling.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

10. aquaman86Valued MemberMember

Never, I use all of them for aquascaping even if there's no fishes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice