How Long? [emoji846]

Nicola1980

Member
HI all. Just wondered if anyone can tell how long this little lady has left until she pops little fry . Thankyou

 

Ms rose

Member
very soon id say
 

Mary765

Member
She looks just like one of my girls in fin colour (My girl even had the clear patch at the base of her tail)

Anyway I would say only a week or two, she seems to have started squaring off but only a little bit

If she has bred with a guppy of her own colouration, the male fry should look like this
 

Dch48

Member
Yeah they will square off a bit right before giving birth and sometimes you can actually see the eyes of the babies through the skin of the mother.
 

Mary765

Member
Dch48 said:
Yeah they will square off a bit right before giving birth and sometimes you can actually see the eyes of the babies through the skin of the mother.
With this guppy type the eyes show up as tiny black dots in her gravid spot unless you shine a very bright torch on it; then they reflect the light.
 
  • Thread Starter

Nicola1980

Member
Thanks guys. This is dad
 

Mary765

Member
Nicola1980 said:
Thanks guys. This is dad
No way... that was the male I had in my tank too!!! (He never bred though)

You can see him in my profile pic That's crazy!!
 
  • Thread Starter

Nicola1980

Member
Haha he’s a beautiful fish and so is your orange one in the pic, gorgeous
 

Mary765

Member
Nicola1980 said:
Haha he’s a beautiful fish and so is your orange one in the pic, gorgeous
Thanks! Both your red and blue guppies are much more vibrant than mine gorgeous little couple.

I can't wait to see how the fry turn out!!
 
  • Thread Starter

Nicola1980

Member
I’ll post some pics when she has them (if they survive). I have put her in a tank with 4 swordtails away from the black skirts in my community tank who eat everything
 

Mcasella

Member
Nicola1980 said:
I’ll post some pics when she has them (if they survive). I have put her in a tank with 4 swordtails away from the black skirts in my community tank who eat everything
Get some floating plants in the tank because swordtails will eat them too. Make a small patch that the guppy fry can hide in away from the others.
 
  • Thread Starter

Nicola1980

Member


I have a few in there. Thanks
 

Mary765

Member
Guppy fry love a loose blob of java moss I find and the adults can't get into it. Just a thought if you were interested
 

Mcasella

Member
Nicola1980 said:


I have a few in there. Thanks
I would do some more plants because the adult female guppy and the swordtails can get into that section and eat them and newborn gups aren't the fastest.
 
  • Thread Starter

Nicola1980

Member
I’m hoping they grow a bit and the duck weed spreads some more but I’ll put some more in from my other tank. Thanks
 
  • Thread Starter

Nicola1980

Member
Mary765 said:
Guppy fry love a loose blob of java moss I find and the adults can't get into it. Just a thought if you were interested
Thanks. Can’t find it anywhere and not really sure if I should buy it from the internet
 

Mary765

Member
Nicola1980 said:
Thanks. Can’t find it anywhere and not really sure if I should buy it from the internet
I brought mine from the internet and it was fine but it all depends on where you get it from. If it's postage you are worried about then Java Moss is very hardy
 
  • Thread Starter

Nicola1980

Member
I’ll give it a go
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom