How long does ThriveC last for?

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm curious to know if anyone has an idea of how long ThriveC would last for considering its $30 online :rolleyes: is it worth the $30? would I have to buy it monthly? ive been told its the best liquid fert to get because its all-in-one. how long would it last with 2 10gal planted tanks?

thanks

acjag

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How long it lasts depends on how heavily your tanks are planted but that should seem obvious. On the back of the bottle there's dosing instructions and I know these are shown because I've viewed them so it's down to how well planted your tanks are and then you'll adjust accordingly. Be careful though because some species of plants will melt/burn back using products that contain ingredients used within these products. Glutaraldehyde is the main component. Seachem has it's own product which has no additional fertilizer called Excel. I'm sure you have heard of that or seen it on store shelves. It's purpose was to be used as a sterilizing disinfectant. In our hobby it is great for killing Algae. If you get it on your skin it will cause a dry flaky patch on you that itches for a month or better so be cautious with it's use and around children, could or can be deadly.

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
I have a 75 gallon tank and I do a 50% water change weekly. I put in 2 capfuls after the water change and one cap full mid week. That’s 15ml’s per week and my tank is pretty heavily planted.
As stated above your usage might vary but for two 10 gallon tanks that will last some time. I’d say 6 months or more. I think you’d be using 3 ml 1-3 times per week based on the dosage instructions. Also I just bought regular thrive not the C so the dosage might be different. I’m sure you can find dosage instructions on their web site and determine how Long it will last.

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
I just looked and it’s 2 mls per 10 gallon 1-3 times per week. I have the 200 ml bottle and it was like $40.00 I think.
that would give you 500doses per tank. So your looking at about a 8 months to one year per tank with a 2000 ml bottle of thrive.

Dennis57

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
For 2 - 10 gallon tanks, it will last you awhile. I use it in my 4 tanks that are heavily planted, 2-20s, 1-55 and 1-125. I buy the biggest bottle I believe its like 5lbs

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have the regular thrice as well and I get the big container cause I have 7 tanks and it has lasted me quite a while but then again I haven’t been dosing regularly either

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
I believe the Thrive C says to add one pump per 5 gallons and the Thrive says 1 pump for 10 gallons. I bought a 500ml bottle of each. I have been using them since the middle of last year and stll have quite a bit left. Like kallililly1973 I don't dose as regularly as the bottle suggests and most of my plants don't seem to mind.

With 2 10 gallon tanks I suspect a 500 ml bottle would last at least a year.

New Threads