How long does it take from saddled to berried?

Naliix

Hi everyone!

New shrimp owner here with my first batch of shrimp. I initially got 8 juveniles, but 1 died whose body I recovered, and 1 is unaccounted for but presumably dead because I have seen all other 6 shrimp scavenging around. So that brings me to a total of 6. They recently became distinguishable between M/F, so I found out I have 5 females and 1 male.

My question is in the title, and the reason I ask is because I'm pretty sure one of my saddled females molted (I see a fresh molt) and then my singular male shrimp in the tank was swimming around in a frenzy. He has since stopped, and I am curious whether any one of my shrimp ladies will become berried or if the poor guy missed his mark somehow.

Thankssss!

richiep

Hopefully he found her,
You will know in as little as a few hrs to a few days, in this time she will pass the eggs to her under belly

Naliix

Hopefully he found her,
You will know in as little as a few hrs to a few days, in this time she will pass the eggs to her under belly
Thanks for the info!

I hope he found her, because my tank is only 5.5 gallons. If he can't do it in there, then sorry bud.

Naliix

Hopefully he found her,
Update for ya - I found the expectant mother one day later ;)

richiep

Now its patience for the next 24

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
FBI
Replies
Views
Lady Monster