How long does it take for fish food to expire?

jaderenee1021

Reaction score
I've had some betta pellets for 3 to 4 months now and I only feed him 2 pellets a day so there is barely any dent and I heard that it expires? I didn't see a date on it, but does anyone know the general time frame? I'm a college student so I don't want to waste money but I also want my fish getting the nutrients he needs.

Also I heard storing it in the fridge or freezer can help, but like I said I've been using it for a few months now, so it's probably too late to put it in the fridge.

Also I have freeze dried blood worms, I heard that those don't expire correct?

ghostdawg

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It is odd no date on the container. My freeze dried blood worms expire 9/21 which I bought some time late last year. All my flakes have expiration dates on them. I recently bought some Omega One flakes and it expires in 2022!

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
jaderenee1021 said:
I've had some betta pellets for 3 to 4 months now and I only feed him 2 pellets a day so there is barely any dent and I heard that it expires? I didn't see a date on it, but does anyone know the general time frame? I'm a college student so I don't want to waste money but I also want my fish getting the nutrients he needs.

Also I heard storing it in the fridge or freezer can help, but like I said I've been using it for a few months now, so it's probably too late to put it in the fridge.

Also I have freeze dried blood worms, I heard that those don't expire correct?
Every time you open and close your food you trap oxygen in the bottle, making it go stale. I usually keep my food for 3-4 month but I also use 5 different foods. I would say as long as he’s eating it you should be fine, I personally don’t like to pass 4 months.

New Threads