How long does it take for Beneficial bacteria to die off?

Plecolover4477

Hey Fishlore I'm curious to know if within 2 hours would BB begin to die off?Where I live they are doing planned electrical panel upgrades.It is stated that the process would take 2 hours.

Pfrozen

No you are absolutely fine. Just make sure the media stays wet. BB will survive for a lot longer than people realize. I would only be concerned after several days

Plecolover4477

No you are absolutely fine. Just make sure the media stays wet. BB will survive for a lot longer than people realize. I would only be concerned after several days
Ok cool I have extra sponge filters running in the tank and some battery operated pumps.

LowConductivity

BB can go nearly a year without eating, its the oxygen that can get ya. If you've got a canister, I'd be proactive and remove the top while the power is out.

Azedenkae

Hey Fishlore I'm curious to know if within 2 hours would BB begin to die off?Where I live they are doing planned electrical panel upgrades.It is stated that the process would take 2 hours.
I also want to affirm that you should be fine, definitely for a few hours.

Plecolover4477

BB can go nearly a year without eating, its the oxygen that can get ya. If you've got a canister, I'd be proactive and remove the top while the power is out.
Nah only HOB and sponge filters

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wrona0306
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies