How Long Does A Tank Take To Clear Up

HDavid

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m new to having a large tank and was just curious how long a 120 gallon tank takes to cycle and how long it will stay cloudy for. Any help is appreciated.

YATT

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HDavid said:
I’m new to having a large tank and was just curious how long a 120 gallon tank takes to cycle and how long it will stay cloudy for. Any help is appreciated.
I’m finding there is no magic answer. Some people get it done in 3 weeks (reportedly). I have a 20 gallon long that hasn’t made a single change in readings in 2 weeks and I’m being told this is normal. 2 months is typical +/- weeks.

What is the cloudiness from? Depending on how well you washed substrate and how you poured in is the big influencers. Mine was barely cloudy for a day.

OP
HDavid

HDavid

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The tank is a little over a month old. It’s defenitly late stage cycling that is causing the cloudiness. I was just wondering about how long that takes to dissipate. Right now it has been getting progressively less clear for a week and has seemed to reach peak cloudiness.

!poogs!

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just did a 120, with fish, took between 3 to 4 weeks. I was a little concerned around week 2. Adding a second filter seemed to pick things up nicely. I would say 2 to 3 weeks it was at it worst, then turned the corner for the good quickly.

I should add, I see signs here and there it has a little bit longer to go, but definitely well over the peak

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom