How Long Do You Spend Looking At Your Tank?

How long do you spend on average admiring your tank everyday?

• Total voters

Crazyfishguy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I usually spend about half an hour admiring mine , right before bed . What about you guys ?

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Crazyfishguy said:
I usually spend about half an hour admiring mine , right before bed . What about you guys ?
I’d probably spend like 20 - 40 minutes a day. I usually check all my fish when I get up to make sure everyone is alive. Then I check in times of the day I’m not doing anything, then I check in the final time to see them sleeping.

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I usually spend about half an hour observing for any sick fish during feeding time, but probably 1-2hrs just fiddling around with my hands in the water. Its great for de-stressing so every few hours I take a break from my desk and spend like 5 minutes per tank cleaning up or moving stuff around, etc.
Edit: also bear in mind I have 6 tanks so there is a lot to do or keep an eye on lol

Algonquin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have 4 small tanks, I check them all in the morning when I feed everyone, then one last check (mainly just to enjoy looking at them) before I head out the door for work. After work, I usually sit by the big tank for 10 or 15 minutes to get a little zen
I guess the amount of time spent daily depends on what all is going on each day, but I like to spend at least 15 min enjoying the tanks each day, outside of feeding & maintenance.

Bigwhite

Reaction score
I find myself watching my 125 more
then tv. Today probably 2hrs through out the day so far.

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm not sure how long because most of my tanks are in my bedroom, which acts as my livingroom and since I pretty much work from home, I stare at them alot. It's hard not to constantly rescape them but I'm quite happy how they look atm.

lisa99

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Probably closer to 30-45 per day. Both of my tanks are new and the 20L had some deaths so I watch that one quite a bit.

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I do the quick morning lights on “everyone alive?” and feed thing. But then evenings I spend ages just watching the fish play. Weekends I could spend hours what with water change and general fish gazing.

Sometimes I find myself so lost in staring at the tanks that I see aquascapes everywhere. A hill or a tree and I’m like “that would be nice as a minI aquarium version”

I ought to spend More time outdoors, out of the house hahaha

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My tank is right to the left of my computer. I pretty much see it a LOT. When I'm on here I glance at it quite often.

DIYfishkeeper

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
150 next to tv in living room I check on 3 or 4 times a day for around 5 minutes then end up just watching it for 20 min atleast daily, for 100 in bedroom around 30 minutes total a day... for 20gal in daughters room just 5 minutes night and morning for feeding and the 55 with pet oscar I'll check periodically but usually every 3 days I'll sit down and talk to her.... yup alittle obsessed

christiangrenier

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
NC122606 said:
I’d probably spend like 20 - 40 minutes a day. I usually check all my fish when I get up to make sure everyone is alive. Then I check in times of the day I’m not doing anything, then I check in the final time to see them sleeping.
Same

ystrout

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I watch my tanks a lot during weekdays. Since I'm in an apartment I was able to put it right by my table. So I watch them while eating meals, cooking, using my laptop on the table, etc.

I actually play with my pea puffers a lot rather than just watch them. I hand feed them, let them chase my finger, and do "stare offs" since they're so interested in me.

I probably spend cumulative of 45 minutes to an hour a day paying attention to my fish. But that's not directly, I'm often doing other stuff at the same time.

lisa99

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DIY Agree! I was wowing over your multiple huge tanks. I just got into this hobby and have a 75 gallon and a 20g. I’m already planning my 125 but I’d have to give up the 75 probably. Just no room.

Ebreus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I only spend a few minutes a day looking at the tank but I will just about definitely be spending more time looking into the tank once there's more than just water in it (just getting the whole setup together ATM before cycling and trying to introduce anything)

MissPanda

Well Known
Reaction score
I watch my fish tank like a person watches TV. It's so relaxing to me. Sometimes I will be joined by my sister, my mom or my daughter and we just sit there watching it. I have a stool that I sit on directly in front of my aquarium. I love under water worlds.

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MissPanda said:
I watch my fish tank like a person watches TV. It's so relaxing to me. Sometimes I will be joined by my sister, my mom or my daughter and we just sit there watching it. I have a stool that I sit on directly in front of my aquarium. I love under water worlds.
My friend asked why I had a stool right in front of my tank.

The question is why doesn’t every one?!

MissPanda

Well Known
Reaction score
MelbourneGuy said:
My friend asked why I had a stool right in front of my tank.

The question is why doesn’t every one?!
They should come attached to the aquarium stand Haha like a bench that folds out.

New Threads