How long do you let the water conditioner sit?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by aquariumgirl lauren, Apr 3, 2010.

1. aquariumgirl laurenValued MemberMember

I was just wondering how long you have to let water conditioner sit before you can put it in your tank? And also if too much water conditioner is bad for your fish?

2. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

I dont let mine sit at all ...it goes in the bucket while its filling, and then dumped in the tank :) I dont think you can overdose but why waste it? :)

3. leeishomValued MemberMember

minimum of 10 minutes, maximum a day.

4. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I often use a Python, so when I fill the tank with it I dose enough dechlorinator for the entire volume of the tank. I pour in the dechlor as I'm filling with new water. It's worked for me for years.

5. Elodea

ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Just like Shawnie, I don't let it sit at all. Just dump it in, mix it a bit, and then add the water into the tank.

6. potatosValued MemberMember

I also dose enough for most of the tank. i add one cap full of aquanova to each of the 5 gallon buckets i add in. i add it once the cloudiness has cleared (probably just tiny air bubbles)

7. Treefork

TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

Same, though I've often wondered how those who use python's did it. Makes sense though.

8. jsides1979

jsides1979Valued MemberMember

Hey,
    Prime is a great product that is a water conditioner and 1 bottle will last a long time. Its super concentrated and it works!

9. striker

strikerValued MemberMember

I was going to ask this same question today.

10. FlufeehValued MemberMember

I don't let mine sit at all. Just stir the bucket a bit and done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice