How Long Do I Need To Have A Sock On My Filter In My Molly Baby Tank

Bellaona

Reaction score
They are two weeks old and strong swimmers. More worried about dumbness xD but it stops the filter from cleaning super well.

Attachments

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Bellaona said:
They are two weeks old and strong swimmers. More worried about dumbness xD but it stops the filter from cleaning super well.
Depends on how big the filter holes are. Baby Molly’s can be smart at times, and sometimes they are dumb lol :)

OP
Bellaona

Bellaona

Reaction score
CaptainAquatics said:
Depends on how big the filter holes are. Baby Molly’s can be smart at times, and sometimes they are dumb lol :)
Just a minI 5 gallon filter, bought eith the tank

kmbeck

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You should be okay taking it off. You could look into getting a coarse prefilter sponge. It won't slow down the flow as much as the sock does.

OP
Bellaona

Bellaona

Reaction score
kmbeck said:
You should be okay taking it off. You could look into getting a coarse prefilter sponge. It won't slow down the flow as much as the sock does.
Thanks! Will they die caught in it or will I just need to pull them out of the filter in emergencys?

AmandaNT

Reaction score
I have something around mine too because I discovered my platy fry by seeing one get sucked into the filter :( I couldn’t find him afterwards so I’m not too sure about them surviving. I’m new to breeding fish, but my suggestion would be putting something a lot thinner around the filter, that way they won’t getting fully sucked into it while still getting used to it being there

OP
Bellaona

Bellaona

Reaction score
AmandaNT said:
I have something around mine too because I discovered my platy fry by seeing one get sucked into the filter :( I couldn’t find him afterwards so I’m not too sure about them surviving. I’m new to breeding fish, but my suggestion would be putting something a lot thinner around the filter, that way they won’t getting fully sucked into it while still getting used to it being there
Haha its not an actual sock its actually netting I just call it that. But thanks haha

AmandaNT

Reaction score
Ok I had a feeling that’s what you meant but I was confused at first lol. I’m new to all the fish lingo, oops

OP
Bellaona

Bellaona

Reaction score
AmandaNT said:
Ok I had a feeling that’s what you meant but I was confused at first lol. I’m new to all the fish lingo, oops
Its all good! Haha and I'm not sure anyone else calls it that xD

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom