How long can you fast a betta for?

HendricksJuniper

Hey everyone!

My tank has finally cycled after about a month. Last week I added a nerite snail to the tank. I’m hoping to find a perfect betta in the next week or two. However I will be leaving for a 5 day camping trip in about 3 weeks.
Do you think I should hold off on getting a betta till after my camping trip or do you think I’ll be able to fast him for the 5 days?

Thanks!

mattgirl

Hey everyone!

My tank has finally cycled after about a month. Last week I added a nerite snail to the tank. I’m hoping to find a perfect betta in the next week or two. However I will be leaving for a 5 day camping trip in about 3 weeks.
Do you think I should hold off on getting a betta till after my camping trip or do you think I’ll be able to fast him for the 5 days?

Thanks!
Personally I would wait until I got back from the camping trip. By waiting you will be there to keep an eye on him to make sure he is settling in. You will also be there to do water changes should the ammonia spike once you add him. It isn't unheard of for that to happen after doing a fishless cycle.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

You can fast a betta no problem that many days, but as stated above, i would wait til after the trip to add a betta. They can take some time to settle in and observation is very important in the early days, learning how he acts, seeing how his personality is, all that jazz.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
yinoma2001
Replies
Views
FishandCatlover
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Betta Sorority Tank Fail?
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views
AquaDaBetta

New Betta Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom