How Long Can It Take To Expell Camallanus Worms?

MrTomFish

So I definitely have an outbreak camallanus worms in my community tank. I lost one molly and didn't know why because there was no visible problem and then lost a second molly which had a bunch of camallanus worms protruding. I then noticed the worms coming from some of my other fish as well and they were not eating as much. I ordered levamisole and administered it following the recommended procedure along with the water changes, etc. All of my fish seem to be worm free and acting normal except one angelfish. His appetite is back and he's got more energy but he's still got a lot of worms protruding. The levamisole was given two days ago and I'm wondering how long it can take for a fish to fully expell all the worms? I've read that the worms can be expelled hours after starting the levamisole so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I can't tell if the worms are still alive, they don't appear to be moving but I don't know how often they'd move normally. Should I keep waiting or should I do another levamisole treatment?

Attachments

• 20180210_131743.jpg
    20180210_131743.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20180210_131708.jpg
    20180210_131708.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 95

TexasDomer

bizaliz3 might know this

Whitewolf

Two or three days. Paralayzed is same as dead. Repeat in 2 weeks life cycle is 19 days. You could add epsom salt 1tsp per 10 gallons.

MrTomFish

Two or three days. Paralayzed is same as dead. Repeat in 2 weeks life cycle is 19 days. You could add epsom salt 1tsp per 10 gallons.

Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies