How long can a fish live with columnaris?

eelena

Hi guys,
I have a kuhli loach that has a white patch/scrape on his back and I’m having a really tough time deciding if it’s columnaris or if he’s just recovering from an injury or something...he’s had this patch for like at least 3 weeks, maybe more. I didn’t think much of it at first bc I thought it was just normal kuhli color fading but then right before I went on vacation 2 weeks ago he started acting lethargic and that’s when I started getting worried. But I just got back home and although he still has the patch, he’s acting completely normal, very active and hanging out with all the other kuhlis and eating normally too. Although it looks like it could be columnaris to me, he’s had no other symptoms besides the random lethargy two weeks ago. I also have 9 other kuhlis, a yoyo loach and rummynose tetras, and no one else has any sick or weird behavior. All my kuhlis, including him now, are super active and out all the time!! And like I said, he’s had this patch for weeks, and I haven’t noticed any change, so if he was infected with the slow kind of columnaris would he even have gotten this far?? And wouldn’t the other kuhlis have gotten sick by now too? I’ve been paranoid for weeks, hoping someone can give me some peace of mind! thank you so much in advance!
Also I tried to get some pics but they’re not great, they don’t really show the patch that well...I have a video that is a little easier to see, here’s the YouTube link:
https://youtube.com/shorts/ieOAgS-O0oc?feature=share
Also I have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and less than 5 nitrates.

Attachments

• BFDF5EA4-A82D-492A-9D6E-D996C982B0B4.jpeg
    BFDF5EA4-A82D-492A-9D6E-D996C982B0B4.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 475DB931-1577-48F1-9963-A8ADF9F58112.jpeg
    475DB931-1577-48F1-9963-A8ADF9F58112.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 19

LowConductivity

In my experience, death from columnaris occurs within 12-72 hours without treatment. By the time the fuzzy lesions are visible on the body, the gills are usually toast.

Upvote 0

eelena

In my experience, death from columnaris occurs within 12-72 hours without treatment. By the time the fuzzy lesions are visible on the body, the gills are usually toast.
Thanks for the reply!! Yeah that’s what I’ve been seeing a lot on the internet. I should also mention the white patch is completely flat, no fuzziness or even any raised areas/inflammation!!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Basil
Replies
Views
LowConductivity
  • Question
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
GinkoTracks
Replies
Views
Pwilly07

Random Great Thread

Know of a great thread on Fishlore that should be on this list? Submit the thread link here:
Great threads on Fishlore

New Fish Disease Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom