How Long Before This Red Tail Bala Shark And Glo Tetra Die Or Kill Each Other? 2 Gallon Tank

1. Platyarelife

Platyarelife Valued Member Member

My boyfriends sister and her husband kill pets a lot and I mean a lot. There's a long list of animals they've kept and have died because they don't bother to give them the proper care they need. Basically it's a long rant I have and I won't take my anger and frustration out on here.

They bought a 2.5g from me and my Boyfriend (I was dead set against it cuz I knew this would happen) and it was originally a Betta tank. They stuffed fake plants in it along with a baby Red Tail Bala shark and a Glo Tetra! Those sharks can get up to 6 inches! Neither of those fish have enough room to live! It's taking me everything I have to not slap them both silly with a newspaper.

2. Lollipop0912

Lollipop0912 Valued Member Member

I’d say the poor fish are living on borrowed time. I’d give it a year. Or, a month if the tank doesn’t have a filter.

3. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

I think they would die from ammonia issues before they would kill each other.

4. OP
    OP
    Platyarelife

It has a built in filter but as expected they don't have a clue how often that filter has to be changed.

5. Lollipop0912

Lollipop0912 Valued Member Member

Then the fish have about a year before the bala shark outputs soo much ammonia the filter can’t keep up.

6. Chillin

Chillin Valued Member Member

i found half my tanks being tossed out, find them 1 and save the fish lol

7. OP
    OP
    Platyarelife

T
    That's the other issue. They don't have the money to take care of all the stuff it needs so they let it die, get a new one, rinse and repeat. If I got them a bigger tank than they couldn't afford the heater or filter or substrate.

8. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Then was hit from your mind, there is nothing you can say to them and if they can't afford to get a proper setup the fish will have to suffer because they won't listen to reason and just let it go; that they aren't fit to even have fish.

9. Chillin

Chillin Valued Member Member

maybe its the gore and death to satisfy their primal need heh
    I how ever just feed my lobster lol