How long before kribs spawn?

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I just got my kribs today and they are beautiful. I was just wondering how long does it usually take for them to pair up and spawn. I have a very nice looking female with a bright red belly and nice looking male with huge fins. They seem to like each other as they follow each other around and hide in caves together.

Thanks

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry, I can't answer your question until you post pictures.....

:camera:hoto::camera:hoto::camera:

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI Fraserm, It may take a while depending on how old they are. If they pair up and haven't spawned before then it may take them 1 or 2 times to get it right. Provide them with a few caves to choose from and you'll have some fry with a few months at the latest.

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would LyndaB but every time I try to take pictures it never works. They always show up really blurry and I just end up deleting them. But if I do get a good pic I will be sure to post it.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay, well since you were so good about your response.....

I think my kribs started spawning within 2-3 weeks of bringing them home. It was much faster than I had imagined, and now they're on their second group of fry (ate the first one).

kribensis keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
it depends they all take diffrent times to pair up but see if this works don't feed them for 3 days(dont worry fish can go a while without food) then after the 3rd day do a 50% water change followed by a feeding of blood worms

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads