How Long? 846]

Nicola1980

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all. Just wondered if anyone can tell how long this little lady has left until she pops little fry . Thankyou

IMG_1314.jpg
IMG_1315.jpg

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
She looks just like one of my girls in fin colour (My girl even had the clear patch at the base of her tail)

Anyway I would say only a week or two, she seems to have started squaring off but only a little bit

If she has bred with a guppy of her own colouration, the male fry should look like this

Attachments

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah they will square off a bit right before giving birth and sometimes you can actually see the eyes of the babies through the skin of the mother.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dch48 said:
Yeah they will square off a bit right before giving birth and sometimes you can actually see the eyes of the babies through the skin of the mother.
With this guppy type the eyes show up as tiny black dots in her gravid spot unless you shine a very bright torch on it; then they reflect the light.

Nicola1980

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Haha he’s a beautiful fish and so is your orange one in the pic, gorgeous

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nicola1980 said:
Haha he’s a beautiful fish and so is your orange one in the pic, gorgeous
Thanks! Both your red and blue guppies are much more vibrant than mine gorgeous little couple.

I can't wait to see how the fry turn out!!

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nicola1980 said:
I’ll post some pics when she has them (if they survive). I have put her in a tank with 4 swordtails away from the black skirts in my community tank who eat everything
Get some floating plants in the tank because swordtails will eat them too. Make a small patch that the guppy fry can hide in away from the others.

Nicola1980

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’m hoping they grow a bit and the duck weed spreads some more but I’ll put some more in from my other tank. Thanks

Nicola1980

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mary765 said:
Guppy fry love a loose blob of java moss I find and the adults can't get into it. Just a thought if you were interested
Thanks. Can’t find it anywhere and not really sure if I should buy it from the internet

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nicola1980 said:
Thanks. Can’t find it anywhere and not really sure if I should buy it from the internet
I brought mine from the internet and it was fine but it all depends on where you get it from. If it's postage you are worried about then Java Moss is very hardy

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom