How Is My Stocking Plan

Photobelle

I am currently working on cycling a 20 long with a pregnant platy and 2 snails (just ended up this way). Once it is cycled my plan is below. I have black sand, 2 pieces of driftwood with 3 Anubias, several decorations and fake plants. I am running an ac 30 and aqueon quietflow 10 as filters and 2 air stones. Does anyone see any issues with these fish? Any suggestions? I have 2 kids under 3 so we like active fish. I will not be doing any stocking until June and hopefully we are cycled by then. Thank you

3 platies (assuming 2 fry survive or we end up with 2 female fry)
2 nerite snails
6 dainty cories
6 harlequin Rasboras
6 neon tetra

I will add I also considered glofish danios and cherry barbs and also may get some ghost shrimp. So if any of these would work better tell me why!

Nicole B

I love your tank!!!!

Mom2some

I would nix one of the two schools. It will be too crowded mid-level. Perhaps try upping one school a bit and/or go with the honey gouramI (you could do up to 3) suggested above. Unlike dwarf & other gourami, honey can be kept with other honeys.
I suggest stocking slowly since 1. Better for your bacteria to adjust and 2. The kids will appreciate each addition more. Best wishes! Enjoy!

Photobelle

Mom2some said:
I would nix one of the two schools. It will be too crowded mid-level. Perhaps try upping one school a bit and/or go with the honey gouramI (you could do up to 3) suggested above. Unlike dwarf & other gourami, honey can be kept with other honeys.
I suggest stocking slowly since 1. Better for your bacteria to adjust and 2. The kids will appreciate each addition more. Best wishes! Enjoy!
How big do they get? Do I need floating plants for them? Maybe just the Rasboras (I think I like them best) and then get a few honeys? So

2 snails
6 dainty cories
6 harlequin Rasboras or cherry barbs
3 honey gourami
6 ghost shrimp

Photobelle

How big do the honeys get? Do I need floating plants for them? I am actually thinking I like the glofish danios as the cories are silver and the honeys are more pale so I think they splash of color would be nice. Would you do the honeys over more platies? How many honeys would you do? I am thinking 2? I'm not sure if I should just add more pretty colored platies.

2 snails
6 dainty cories
6 glofish danios
2 honey gourami
6 ghost shrimp

Mom2some

Mine is... this big (can you see me holding my fingers apart?). Sorry I stink at estimating size. Seriously Fish says 45-55mm at maximum standard length.

Photobelle

So I think I am close to cycling. Although I an still waiting for her to have the babies and our vac. Once I return though I want to start stocking. Which fish would you get first? Also since the cories, danio/Barb's/rasbora's are so small (still deciding which school to get with the cories) can I get all 6 at once or is that too much?

Photobelle

Thank you for the honey gouramI suggestion! I am definitely getting 3 of them they are so cute!

Mom2some

I would think you could get all 6 of one group at once. Just check your water daily & be prepared for a mini-cycle bump - which you manage just as you are now! This has the makings of a very nice tank!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom