How Is My Male Long-finned Zebra Danio Doing??

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by PheonixKingZ, Mar 9, 2019.

1. PheonixKingZ

PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +563
    Experience:
    4 years
    So about a year back I purchased a Male Long-Finned Zebra Danio, and I was wonderingm; is he looking good, and do you guys have any yourselves?:)

DEB7D651-F430-4EE1-92F5-575A03AA548D.

image.

image.

2. Feohw

FeohwWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Experience:
    1 year
    As far as I can see he seems ok health wise. Probably not very happy though.

Do you keep all your fish in tiny tanks by any chance? Your gourami and now this guy are in very small tanks. Not only that but danios are schooling fish and really need other members of their own species to feel comfortable. A school of 6 is generally the recommended minimum. Danios are incredibly active fish. A small tank like that definitely isn't big enough for him.

You should really research your fish before you get them. Tank size, heating, compatibility, activity levels etc.

3. OP
    OP
    PheonixKingZ

Ratings:
    +563
    Experience:
    4 years
    Well as soon as I find a 20 gal. Tank I will definitely get him some friends and move him to the 20 gal. Same with th DG.

It is soo hard to tell, but is this a 10 gal. O a 20 gal? It says everything you need except fish. But it’s so hard. It comes with fish food, heater, filter, gravel vac. Etc. all for just $20!! That is such a good deal!! Thanks in advance!!:)

9443A998-EAEA-4E8A-A102-D118F2076035.

4. Feohw

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Experience:
    1 year
    You could ask for the dimensions in order to know for sure. I believe it's too small to be a 20 though, at least as far as I can see. It's a good deal anyway, plenty of deals like that around. I got great deals with most of my tanks.

5. OP
    OP
    PheonixKingZ

Ratings:
    +563
    Experience:
    4 years
    So should I get it?? U said a 10 gal. Was awful!! And the only thing you could use it for is a betta tank!! I mean I have not seen any free or cheap 20 gal. Tanks.

6. Feohw

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Experience:
    1 year
    I never said a 10 was awful at all. Maybe someone else did. With a 10 gallon your options are more limited and very active schooling fish may need a bigger tank. I'm not entirely sure what size that is, I only ever had a 20 long and a 23.7g tank (besides my bigger and smaller ones, so I'm unsure if that's a 20 tall or something, I don't think it is though). As far as I'm aware that's too small to be a 20g. You could get it for now, then see about upgrading in the future and using that as a quarantine or a separate tank. There are great deals though, keep looking and I'm sure you'll find one. I got most of my tanks on adverts second hand really cheap.

Does it say the dimensions? Or could you ask for them and we could work out how big it is. Or just ask for the tank size if you are able.

7. OP
    OP
    PheonixKingZ

Ratings:
    +563
    Experience:
    4 years
    So could I use it for my DG and my danio for now til I get a upgrade to a 20 gal.?

8. Feohw

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Experience:
    1 year
    It would definitely be an improvement to what they are in now. The danio could become stressed with a larger fish while it's the only danio though. A 20 gallon would still be ideal, so if you could find a second hand one on a site like adverts that would help a lot. Also your gourami still has ich, so it's not wise to add it to a new tank with another fish as it could pass it on, and you don't want ich in your new tank

9. OP
    OP
    PheonixKingZ

Ratings:
    +563
    Experience:
    4 years
    The kit has been on the market for 21 days, so I should have enough time to save for it!!!

Ok so the ich thin was smart( didn’t think of that myself:)) and what is advert? I live in the USA.

10. Feohw

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Experience:
    1 year
    It's a site where people sell things they don't want anymore. I buy tanks off of it. I'm not sure what the American counterpart would be. Craigslist maybe? Sites like it are really good if you want to save money on tanks and filters etc

11. OP
    OP
    PheonixKingZ

Ratings:
    +563
    Experience:
    4 years
    I found a tank on letgo for $10 it’s a 10 gal. With a filter and heater, comes with everything’s.

Is that good for now?? I mean till I find a free, or cheap 20 gal.?

12. Feohw

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Experience:
    1 year
    It is definitely better than what they are in currently. 10 dollars is a steal too. Just be careful with the ich.

Did you get the measurements of the other tank? For all we know it could be bigger than 10.

13. OP
    OP
    PheonixKingZ

Ratings:
    +563
    Experience:
    4 years
    Not yet. No measurements yet.