How I Treated Dropsy

Repolie

Now this was a while ago and I've been lurking around on Fishlore for about ~2 years and didn't make an account until now because I just felt like it. On June.14 I was feeding my betta and I fed a little extra bloodworms to Gladiator, my red dragonscale plakat male because I thawed too much and he would usually eat them all and only ate about 3 before swimming away, so I thought he was full. I saw him them getting bloated the day after and fasted him for about 3 days and saw no difference in him and I fed a little because I can't handle not feeding him for too long because I'm a worried fish mommy. Then out of the corner of my eye while feeding Gillbert my bi-coloured male halfmoon (they share a divided 5 gallon), I saw Gladiator with raised scales around his belly. I thought it was strange and looked above him and saw that he was pineconing!
I was then freaking out because he was my favourite betta and a gift from the owner of Gold Aquarium who gave him to me after I volunteered to put bettas in their display tanks. People usually said that when they start pineconing they're a goner, but I couldn't bear to part with him and started treating with Kanaplex with the both of them in the same tank because Gillbert had a little bit of finrot. I followed the directions and skipped a day and dosed after for a maximum of 3 doses total. I then noticed that he was slimming down and started to accept food again because he didn't accept food from June.14 (only one meal though). I was thrilled and only fed a little at a time and going up until his normal usual diet, though I feed a little under now. He's perfectly happy and healthy and I'll post pictures later.

Goldfishfreak

Usually they don't make it!
Good for you, I'm happy he pulled through!

Repolie

Usually they don't make it!
Good for you, I'm happy he pulled through!
I'm so happy he did! I would be devastated if he died because I wouldn't know how to explain myself to the owner of Gold Aquarium's and he's a special little boy in my heart.

Goldfishfreak

I'm so happy he did! I would be devastated if he died because I wouldn't know how to explain myself to the owner of Gold Aquarium's and he's a special little boy in my heart.

I completely understand! I love my betta too. His name is pumpkin and I don't know what I would do without him!

Repolie

Here's my little red boy on the left!

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 56

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies