How high should bubbler be in the tank? .

Chiasmodon

Ok so I build a very very simple co2 system, it only releases small amount of bubbles and when I put its bubbler deeper in the tank the smaller bubbles it produced. I want to kow if its still effective when the bubbler is near to the water surface.

SotaAquatics

The lower your CO2 injection comes into the tank the better, it gives it more time to dissolve into the water and/or disperse through the tank. If your bubbles are coming in right at the top of the surface, your CO2 is just immediately leaving the tank and diffusing into the atmosphere.

Ideally you should put your CO2 as low in the tank as possible, and right by your filter or good water flow, so that it will move the bubbles around the tank.

Upvote 0

Chiasmodon

The lower your CO2 injection comes into the tank the better, it gives it more time to dissolve into the water and/or disperse through the tank. If your bubbles are coming in right at the top of the surface, your CO2 is just immediately leaving the tank and diffusing into the atmosphere.

Ideally you should put your CO2 as low in the tank as possible, and right by your filter or good water flow, so that it will move the bubbles around the tank.

Ok, thank you for this :). I think I failed to build it in the first place even though it worked somehow, the problem is that it only works once it is near to the surface of the tank water, and as you said, this allows CO2 to be dissolved very fast. What might have caused this? is it the length of the tube I used? or the reaction is somehow affected by the environmental temperature surrounding it?

Upvote 0

SotaAquatics

My guess... is that there isn't enough pressure to push the CO2 out when the diffuser is deeper in the water. I would first check your CO2 system to make sure there aren't any leaks. After that, you could check your mix that you used, it may not be a very strong reaction. Did you use a yeast or baking soda/citric acid mix?

Upvote 0

Chiasmodon

My guess... is that there isn't enough pressure to push the CO2 out when the diffuser is deeper in the water. I would first check your CO2 system to make sure there aren't any leaks. After that, you could check your mix that you used, it may not be a very strong reaction. Did you use a yeast or baking soda/citric acid mix?
I used yeast and sugar. ok, Ill make sure that there arent any leaks tomorrow :), Im not using it at the moment.

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom